Author Topic: Bosch Universal Plus or Electrolux DLX  (Read 24472 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Bosch Universal Plus or Electrolux DLX
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 09:46:40 PM »
Wow after many months of dragging my feet, I finally decided to pull the trigger.  Just ordered a Bosch universal plus tonight from http://www.fykitchen.com/Results.cfm?category=6&gclid=CIeumvXtlKQCFQIQbAodznkfGw

They have great combination packages, good prices, and free shipping. 

I also ordered a few accessories from breadtopia that FYK didn't have like the dough creep gizmo
http://www.breadtopia.com/cgi-breadtopia/sb/productsearch.cgi?storeid=*1a54944b81038ccc09b1749ed96ad2 and the bosch small batch kneading attachment
http://www.breadtopia.com/store/dough-mixer-tool.html

Thanks to all who contributed info about their mixers, tips and suggestions.   Also a big thanks to Bob1, and Scott r for their valuable insights. 

Chau,

Great to hear you purchased a Bosch universal plus!  ;D  I will be looking forward to see what kinds of doughs you make with the Bosch. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »
It will be interesting to compare the Bosch against my hand technique.  :-D  I have hand kneaded well over 100 batches of dough using various different types of hand techniques, making a few up along the way.  I'm quite confident that the bosch will definitely knead a smoother and better dough than I can do by hand.   If nothing else, it will save me lots of time.  Hopefully I won't lose that time in cleaning up the Bosch.  :-D

I have hesitated in getting a mixer for so long b/c I was pretty stubborn about learning to hand knead dough properly.  After doing it for awhile now, I feel like I have a decent handle on hand kneading.

Wanted to give a big thanks to Bobino414 for giving me additional insights into advantages and disadvantages of the Bosch mixer vs KA's.  It is very much appreciated Bob.   Sorry for the name mix up earlier.

Chau

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »
It will be interesting to compare the Bosch against my hand technique.  :-D  I have hand kneaded well over 100 batches of dough using various different types of hand techniques, making a few up along the way.  I'm quite confident that the bosch will definitely knead a smoother and better dough than I can do by hand.   If nothing else, it will save me lots of time.  Hopefully I won't lose that time in cleaning up the Bosch.  :-D

I have hesitated in getting a mixer for so long b/c I was pretty stubborn about learning to hand knead dough properly.  After doing it for awhile now, I feel like I have a decent handle on hand kneading.

Wanted to give a big thanks to Bobino414 for giving me additional insights into advantages and disadvantages of the Bosch mixer vs KA's.  It is very much appreciated Bob.   Sorry for the name mix up earlier.

Chau

Yes JT!

I think you'll love the Bosch.  I already love mine.

I will be interested to see your impression of wet kreading vs the dump it all in and press on technique.

If you have a dishwasher cleanup is a snap.

AZ

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 11:40:33 PM »
Just for you Alexi, I'll do a batch with each technique and compare them.

A bit premature, but I'll probably fall into the dump it all in and go crowd.  :-D I have high hopes for this mixer.  Lol.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2010, 12:18:09 AM »
hey guys, I just made this video showing the bosch dough.   
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_H6xA0skew" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_H6xA0skew</a>

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:18 AM »
hey guys, I just made this video showing the bosch dough.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_H6xA0skew

They should have hired you for their video presentation. I have seen enough.  I'm calling Santa right now.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2010, 08:37:28 AM »
hey guys, I just made this video showing the bosch dough.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_H6xA0skew

Scott,

Your dough looks amazing.   ;D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2010, 04:20:08 PM »
any thoughts on the older bosch mixers?  or the compact 450 watt?  I have a Hobart at work but im dealing with small batch and would like to get a used mixer in the 150 dollar range.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »
I know marc (widespread pizza) had the older universal (not plus) and it is actually the mixer that we both thought beat out the santos (I loaned marc my santos for a month or two to try out).   So...yes the old ones are good too.  Marc does prefer his universal plus for a number of different reasongs, however, so if you have the coin its better to go with the dlx.   Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 11:18:21 PM by scott r »

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »
Thanks, they have a few decent looking ones on ebay in the range I want to spend.  Need an upgrade over my inconsistent hand kneading haha.

Offline pantalones

• my website
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »
did any of you get the blender or food processor attachments and take advantage of the bundle discounts?  any thoughts on them?  i'd love to get a vitamix but at 800 watts, the bosch blender should still be pretty nice

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 04:05:51 PM »
I got the blender attachment but haven't opened the box yet.  Will do soon.  I'm sure it will work great.

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
hi Guys !

i will be in the US for Christmas, and im thinking about buying a Bosch, can a 5Kg batch of dough be made in the bosch ?

thanks !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:40:20 PM by andreguidon »
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »
Andre, its suppose to be able to handle 15lbs of  dough so it should handle 5kg fine.

Also found this deal today.
http://www.florenceadams.com/bosch-universal-plus-kitchen-machine-mum6n11uc.aspx

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »
Thank JT... what was the maximum weight that you mixed in it ?

wen i make pizza i need make 3 batches in my cuisinart 1kg at a time, i need the bosch to mix and knead 3Kg of flour at 60~62%... is some one using the bosh with this much flour ?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:41:08 PM by andreguidon »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010, 02:57:20 PM »
Thank JT... what was the maximum weight that you mixed in it ?

wen i make pizza i need make 3 batches in my cuisinart 1kg at a time, i need the bosch to mix and knead 3Kg of flour at 60~62%... is some one using the bosh with this much flour ?

No Andre, the biggest batch I have made so far is 1.2 kg and there was plenty of room in the bowl for 3-4 x that amount.   I pulled that number off of a website selling the Bosch Universal Plus mixer.   Maybe Marc or Scottr has mixed a 5kg batch. 

Chau

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »
i saw the 15lb in the website... but is always good to check with users.. right ? thanks again !!

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010, 03:56:53 PM »
I don't have a bosch but the other day I made a 10lb batch easy in the DLX and have done 14lb before and it had no problem. Seeing how the bosch is a stronger mixer and has the same capacity I don't see why the bosch couldn't handle it.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »
I am always suspicious of claims of sellers about performance aspects of their equipment so I tend to agree with Andre that it would be better for someone to actually confirm that the Bosch unit can make a 5 Kg batch of dough.

Peter

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »
thanks guys !! ill try to PM Scott, for sure he will know if its possible, after reading so many good reviews here be him...

pizzapan