Author Topic: Bosch Universal Plus or Electrolux DLX  (Read 27611 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Bosch Universal Plus or Electrolux DLX
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »
You need to let the dough rest for another 30m, then go back and it should look like Scott's dough then.

Also test again at the 1 hour mark.

Chau

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2010, 08:42:55 PM »
Chau,   no stainless bowl for me either.  I used to have it on my old model,  but it is different than this one for sure.  It did mix very well,  maybe not the same but very good.  What type of a formula are you using?  I do see you are using a rest period.  tanke the dough out of a mixer and form a ball with it before the rest,  covered of course.  -marc

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 09:39:21 AM »
this is a good video... they used about 1500 grams of water in the bosch...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Toperro

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »
Hi guys! Today I received my Bosch Universal Plus, I finally opted for the model MUM6N21 the 1000 watts. My first impression is that the bowl is huge! Then I made a dough following the advice of Scott R, but just 1 kg of dough, the final texture of the dough has been amazingly good, I bought through eBay for 246.9 € shipping included. The excuse has been that it is my Christmas gift for my mother  :angel: , here are some pictures of the device.

Greetings
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:21:08 PM by Toperro »
My english is from Google Translator, sorry...

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
Toppero,  nice looking rig.  I see that the hook is all stainless right?  Thats great right in the dishwasher for it huh?  can you show us a picture of the top of the center post?  Thanks and enjoy.  -marc

Offline Toperro

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2010, 06:30:30 PM »
Toppero,  nice looking rig.  I see that the hook is all stainless right?  Thats great right in the dishwasher for it huh?  can you show us a picture of the top of the center post?  Thanks and enjoy.  -marc

Sure, there are some pictures more. Yes the hook is all stainless, I think it's like in other models.

*I edited the post to include pictures asked widespreadpizza.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:15:26 AM by Toperro »
My english is from Google Translator, sorry...

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2010, 06:57:20 PM »
Toperro,  thanks,  but I am curious about the look of the column without the hook.  Thanks  -marc

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
I have the 800w model with the same/similar dough hook attachment.   The instruction booklet says not to put the dough hook attachment in the dishwasher but rather wash by hand, otherwise it will be stained.

Toperro, congrats!  I like the look of the SS bowl.  Also remove the small batch attachment.  The little plastic center piece with the 2 small dough blades on it.  That thing is truely worthless and will prevent you from mixing a small batch rather than aiding in it.

Chau
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:01:36 PM by Jackie Tran »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 09:21:15 PM »
and scrap the dough creeper gizmo if you got it After speakng with FY Kitchens that device is more for the older versions and to keep douog from going down into spindle . from what Jackie  says It did not cut it anyway I told them to keep it. These newer models the center spindle pops right out for easy cleaning just twist and release easy cleanup! yeahJohn
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2010, 06:05:52 AM »
hey guys  - what is the max dough weight or flour weight capacity at say 60% hydration - just curious.  happy thanksgiving.
Patrick

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2010, 06:16:40 AM »
pcampbell, i was researching the same info. over the web and here at PM, i have read about 15lb, 12lb, 4kg of dough... at this video http://www.youtube.com/user/kodiakhealth#p/u/3/tjI8hKO74J4 they use 17lb + -....

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2010, 04:32:21 PM »
Wow.  I put about 3# of dough in the KA at the most.
Patrick

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2010, 04:44:48 PM »
Hey guys,  The most I do about 8# of bagel dough at apx 53%  You could do 10# probably at 60%,  -marc

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2010, 07:48:51 AM »
thanks, that is good to know a more realistic number. about fifteen 270gram dough balls @ 60% (well, that is 9 pounds)  3x more than i would want to do in the KA5plus.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 07:55:07 AM by pcampbell »
Patrick

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »
Thanks widespreadpizza !! i really needed some one who tested this, i make about 3kg of flour, but in my mixer i usually make 1kg at a time so it takes for ever to make all the dough that i need, now i will buy a bosch for sure !! thanks !!

Offline mililani

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
My god, sorry for rebumping an old thread, but that's EXACTLY the kind of elastic dough I was searching for.  Holy smokes.  I think a Bosch mixer is in store for me.

However, just wondering, does anyone know if the compact performs just as well as the universal?  I just can't see myself making that much dough.

Offline steel_baker

« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
My god, sorry for rebumping an old thread, but that's EXACTLY the kind of elastic dough I was searching for.  Holy smokes.  I think a Bosch mixer is in store for me.

However, just wondering, does anyone know if the compact performs just as well as the universal?  I just can't see myself making that much dough.

I have a Bosch UP mixer myself with the SS bowl & love it. I generally work with high hydration doughs at 67% and above but lately I'm doing some 60% dough for my Artisan Pizza in 5 mins a day project. My dough ALWAYS comes out like silk. So smooth, and the finished product always has great crumb & structure. I tried my neighbor's big KA 2 years ago with 10 cups of flour in it and 67% hydration and it overheated and shut off. Couldn't use it anymore.

That's whenI bought the BUP & never looked back. Many people never look at the fact that the BUP is also easy to use & store. It's so darn light you can carry it around with one hand. Try that a big KA and see what happens. Love my BUP!
steel_baker  :chef:

Offline mililani

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »
Just curious, does your Bosch UP handle smaller amounts of dough?  How much grams of flour are you using per batch?  I rarely go about 800 grams.

Yah, I have also tried a KA mixer, and I found the dough coming out of that after a 20 minute knead no better than my food processor with a 1 minute knead.  I'm also wondering, though, how dough oxidation is like with the Bosch UP.  That's another concern of mine, since I've found the dough from KA after 20 minutes to have a weird off flavor.  I can't describe it, but it's almost metallic.  Whereas, the dough from my FP tastes much better.  Although, I just wish the FP had better dough development.