Author Topic: Searching for replacement stones.  (Read 2952 times)

Offline blaze

Searching for replacement stones.
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:09:25 PM »
Just acquired a countertop pizza oven which seems to work fine, but is missing the deck stones. It is a model ES-216. Who manufactured this is still a question. Apparently the only two manufactures of a countertop oven with this model number are Harvic Manufacturing Corp. (1955) and Connolly (?). The required stone size is 16 7/8 in. sq.(or 16 3/4) x 3/8 in. thick. Cordierite would be the preferred material. Anyone know where I can find such stones?

Offline Matthew

Re: Searching for replacement stones.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »
Just acquired a countertop pizza oven which seems to work fine, but is missing the deck stones. It is a model ES-216. Who manufactured this is still a question. Apparently the only two manufactures of a countertop oven with this model number are Harvic Manufacturing Corp. (1955) and Connolly (?). The required stone size is 16 7/8 in. sq.(or 16 3/4) x 3/8 in. thick. Cordierite would be the preferred material. Anyone know where I can find such stones?

Any pottery supply house could make a custom size for you.

Matt

Offline Jack

• Pizza; it's what's for dinner, breakfast........
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »
http://www.pshcanada.com/kiln-furn.htm

I think this is what you are looking for.  A bit pricey, but perhaps stuff on the site can help you find other sites.

jack

Offline blaze

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 05:22:15 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. Finding 3/8 in. thick instead of 1/2 seems to be the hard part.

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »
www.bakingstone.com will also make them.
Patrick

Offline Bob1

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:29:50 PM »
I have a second small oven that came with two stones that size.  The oven gets up to 650 and the stones were extremely hot.  If you would spill any sauce on the stone it was horrible.  It would smoke up the whole house.  I called Fibrament and they had a 2 pack of the same size.  I forget what I paid, but it was very reasonable.  The oven works great with them.

Bob

pizzapan