Author Topic: Pizza Crafting in local morning newspaper  (Read 863 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Pizza Crafting in local morning newspaper
« on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
In our local newspaper there was an article about crafting pizza this morning..

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/249632

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/5/249632

Norma
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:07:41 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline pizzablogger

Re: Pizza Crafting in local morning newspaper
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
Thanks for posting those Norma.

I do find it surprising that, after all these years, people still refer to the continuing shift towards quality of various food and drink items (bread, coffee, tea, beer, liquor, etc, etc) as going "upscale" or other similar references.

If anything, the new wave of artisinal pizzas is anything but new. Many food and beverage items were made like this all the time many years ago before issues like mass marketing, corporate mergers and buyouts, suburban sprawl and such nearly obliterated individualistic, hand crafted items by the mid 70s or so.

These pizzas are more decidedly old-school than anything else and I hope the trend continues and infects other food items as well. --K
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Pizza Crafting in local morning newspaper
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:08:05 PM »
Thanks for posting those Norma.

I do find it surprising that, after all these years, people still refer to the continuing shift towards quality of various food and drink items (bread, coffee, tea, beer, liquor, etc, etc) as going "upscale" or other similar references.

If anything, the new wave of artisinal pizzas is anything but new. Many food and beverage items were made like this all the time many years ago before issues like mass marketing, corporate mergers and buyouts, suburban sprawl and such nearly obliterated individualistic, hand crafted items by the mid 70s or so.

These pizzas are more decidedly old-school than anything else and I hope the trend continues and infects other food items as well. --K

pizzablogger,

I also believe in doing things the old-fashioned way.  I hope the trend continues, in all areas and especially in pizza making.

Thanks,

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!