Author Topic: basic easy to remember NY Style dough recipe  (Read 22273 times)

tinroofrusted and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
Re: basic easy to remember NY Style dough recipe
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 08:55:45 PM »
So, that is inside the rim.  And, your opinion on the rim itself?  Is it different on the top part of the rim than on the bottom part of the rim?

also, there is alot more to the ny pizza than just thin crust.  the bottom is foldable, won't crack, it is NOT crispy, rather leathery in the undercrust.  there is a narrow middle section that is chewy with minimal crumb structure if any, and a fine thin gumline where the sauce hits the cheese.  if baked properly with the correct consistency of sauce, the cheese will interact and create what's called orange sheen.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 08:56:36 PM »

I would love to speak to her.

HarryHaller73,

I don't know if you would be able to speak with Madeline, but she has said many times that Walter's pizzas remind her very much of her father's and Vinnie's pizzas, and how they taught people how to make pizzas.  Maybe if Walter ever has the time again he could record what Madeline remembers about the rim crusts.  Maybe I might even ask Madeline and ask if I can record what she has to say.

If you didn't read the story on the Evolution of NY style thread, here is the story again.

http://www.pmq.com/August-2016/The-Pizza-Kings-The-strange-sad-story-of-the-industrys-greatestand-most-tragicvisionaries/

Norma

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #127 on: Today at 08:20:18 AM »
I removed a lot of posts having nothing to do with the thread, sorry if a couple of good ones got caught in the middle.

wordpress