Author Topic: San Francisco  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: San Francisco
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 01:30:55 AM »
I'm flying out of Seattle so i don't have to go through airport customs.

I didn't know that.

Mmarston,

We do actually have some great burger spots over here. I don't know where you live but don't SF isn't that bad, burger-wise. It's a city with over 3,800 restaurants.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline mmarston

• I can stop eating Pizza any time I want!
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 09:05:01 AM »
Mike,

My point was that there are so many great restaurants in the bay area. Looking for a burger struck me as missing an opportunity to try something more adventurous.

I was born and raised in the restaurant biz in SF many years ago. The food was great then and has only gotten better.
I live in upstate NY now and have not been back for a long time. Moving upstate from Brooklyn is the reason I had to learn how to make my own pizza.

Michael
Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance.  Dave Barry

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 03:28:14 PM »
Mike,

My point was that there are so many great restaurants in the bay area. Looking for a burger struck me as missing an opportunity to try something more adventurous.

I was born and raised in the restaurant biz in SF many years ago. The food was great then and has only gotten better.
I live in upstate NY now and have not been back for a long time. Moving upstate from Brooklyn is the reason I had to learn how to make my own pizza.

Michael

Michael,

I hear you. SF's dining scene can be a bit overwhelming because there are so manny of them. But it's great, though. You can get any kind of food, from a simple burger to Ethiopian to Chinese to American to...well you get the point.

But speaking of burgers...our local food critic was recently on a quest for the best burger and here's what he came up with:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/mbauer/detail?entry_id=61285

Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 12:48:12 AM »
Mike,

Michael
Vancouver is one of the top food cities in North America so I am not really looking for any fine dining, Chinese, sushi, Indian food etc. One thing I can't get here is a great burger, imo. Not a lot of good soul food in Vancouver either. Absolutely no good Mexican. For just about everything else, Vancouver is kinda hard to beat.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
Vancouver is one of the top food cities in North America so I am not really looking for any fine dining, Chinese, sushi, Indian food etc. One thing I can't get here is a great burger, imo. Not a lot of good soul food in Vancouver either. Absolutely no good Mexican. For just about everything else, Vancouver is kinda hard to beat.

Well, let's see how the Kings do against the Canucks, shall we???  ;D

But if you like Mexican Food, I suggest you take a trip to the Mission District while you're here. Tons and tons of good stuff. Well, actually almost anywhere in the City when it comes to Mexican.
Mike

Offline CAPSLOCK

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »
A trip to Boccalone is a must, their Soppressata di Calabria makes it worth the trip there.

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »
Well, let's see how the Kings do against the Canucks, shall we???  ;D

But if you like Mexican Food, I suggest you take a trip to the Mission District while you're here. Tons and tons of good stuff. Well, actually almost anywhere in the City when it comes to Mexican.
So far, so good for the Canucks! I just saw an episode of Throwdown last night in San Francisco and it was a burrito throwdown at a place in the Mission district and it looked very good. I think we are going to go to that place for their "triple threat" burrito.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 07:40:47 PM »
So far, so good for the Canucks!

Let's see what happens tonight...

I haven't seen that episode but heard about it. What's the name of the place?
Mike

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2010, 02:59:07 AM »
Let's see what happens tonight...

I haven't seen that episode but heard about it. What's the name of the place?
Papalote's I think.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2010, 01:55:30 PM »
Mike