Author Topic: wanna trade sauce?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
wanna trade sauce?
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:29:35 AM »
 ;D I have lots of Stanslaus and would like to trade a can for escalon since I have never used it. I live in Southern California. I have full red, New york style, 7/11, tomoatoe magic...i would be willing to swap any of those for any escalon so I can try the difference.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: wanna trade sauce?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 12:46:59 AM »
scampi,

Maybe you already know this, but Escalon is in California and sells its products online at http://www.escalon.net, with low shipping costs. I bought six cans recently and the shipping charge to Texas was something like $0.75.  Also, some places like Claro's Italian Market in CA (which also does mail order) sells some of the Escalon canned tomatoes, and I'm willing to bet that there are several other retail outlets that carry the Escalon canned tomatoes.

Peter

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
Re: wanna trade sauce?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 01:02:03 AM »
Thanks Peter, I never checked them out because I was happy with the Stanislaus New York sauce I make but I've been wondering if I took the same ingrediants and added them to Escalon if it might taste smoother since you don't get the acid that Stanislaus adds. I'll go buy some.