Author Topic: Oven temps..pics  (Read 8108 times)

Offline jcamador

Re: Oven temps..pics
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2010, 05:09:42 PM »
Still playing with the sourdough starter...

english muffins and bagels...
jason

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »
Jason, is there anything you can't make?  Your latest bread looks fantastic and so do the english muffins and bagels.  How do they all taste?  Are you happy with them?

BTW, I've been having more success with 30-50% starter pizzas.  Thanks for posting your ideas. 

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
oh my... those muffins look so good!!!!!!!

how do you make those?

We love a good egg and cheese sandwich with cabot sharp white cheddar! :)
Patrick

Offline jcamador

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010, 10:36:03 PM »
Thanks Tran..thanks pccambell....my starter is definitely starting to wake up. feeding it 2-3 times a day! Here's the recipe for the english muffins..
http://www.wildyeastblog.com/2007/09/11/sourdough-english-muffins/
and the bagels were awesome as well...
http://yumarama.com/blog/46/sourdough-bagels-recipe/

Both were super easy and it's nice to use the starter discard instead of tossing it.

EDIT: BTW both of these recipes are really really good...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:40:05 PM by jcamador »
jason

Offline jcamador

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
Tran....I've been really impressed with your progress! It's looking VERY GOOD! Keep it up!
jason

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 11:38:19 PM »
Thx, I'm always trying. I burnt 2 pies today in my new mini black egg.  Got the temps up to 900 in 25m but had the wrong stone. :(

brayshaw

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010, 08:48:10 AM »
Jason, those pizzas look totally delicious! well done!
My favourite one that you have put in this thread is also one of the most simple I would think, it is titled 7.jpeg.

Keep posting please!!

Paul

Offline jcamador

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2010, 09:35:44 PM »
Thanks brayshaw! I agree...the simplest pizzas are always the best!
jason

brayshaw

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
Jason, can you remember what that pizza was? I have got to have a go at making that one!!! my mouth is dribbling just looking at it!

PAul

Offline jcamador

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 04:23:12 PM »
LOL! That's funny brayshaw! This was a white pie that I tried some time ago...basically I made a white sauce with sauteed shallots (or red onions), deglazed with white wine (or chicken stock) added cream and reduced a little. Then added grated parmesan and garlic powder, then checked seasoning and added salt and pepper. Open the dough, spread the white sauce, put on the fresh mozz (I've been getting the Grande curd and pulling it myself), cherry or grape tomatoes and basil. I haven't made this for a while, but it was really rich and tasty..you should give it a try!

Here are some more pics..
jason

brayshaw

« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
Thanks Jason! Amazing pictures and pizzas, so tasty! I am a believer in doing the simple things properly, and those pizzas just look like art! Well done buddy.

Paul

Offline jcamador

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
haven't made pizza in months...so what better time than to try a caputo pie? First attempt with caputo flour...
jason

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
Jason, the pie looks amazing as always.  How did you like the texture and taste of the caputo pie versus your regular flour pies?

In case you didn't know, I changed my forum name from Tranman to Jackie Tran.

Chau

Offline jcamador

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »
Tran- i really liked the flavor and texture of the caputo. It was very easy to work with...very extensible, and the crust was light and airy. It had a hint of sour and a nice chew. I would say this batch of dough was my favorite yet. As an aside, the dough had a yellowish tint to it...Italian wheat? Non-bleached? I don't know, but I was really amazed by the differences between caputo and bread flour, and all-purpose for that matter.

Hope your still creating those masterpieces!
jason

Online Jackie Tran

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »
Tran- i really liked the flavor and texture of the caputo. It was very easy to work with...very extensible, and the crust was light and airy. It had a hint of sour and a nice chew. I would say this batch of dough was my favorite yet. As an aside, the dough had a yellowish tint to it...Italian wheat? Non-bleached? I don't know, but I was really amazed by the differences between caputo and bread flour, and all-purpose for that matter.

Hope your still creating those masterpieces!

Jason, thanks for your opinion of caputo.   Yes some of the caputo flour I get has more of a cream color than others.
When I first started making pizzas, I thought your pies were absolutely stunning.  They always gave me motivation and a goal to shoot towards  Now that I've been making pizzas for a while, I still think they are stunning to look at.  I'm still making those pizzas and still enjoying the process.  Thanks for sharing your work.

Chau

pizzapan