Author Topic: Oven temps..pics  (Read 7514 times)

brayshaw

Re: Oven temps..pics
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
Thanks Jason! Amazing pictures and pizzas, so tasty! I am a believer in doing the simple things properly, and those pizzas just look like art! Well done buddy.

Paul

Offline jcamador

« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 02:34:12 PM »
haven't made pizza in months...so what better time than to try a caputo pie? First attempt with caputo flour...
jason

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
Jason, the pie looks amazing as always.  How did you like the texture and taste of the caputo pie versus your regular flour pies?

In case you didn't know, I changed my forum name from Tranman to Jackie Tran.

Chau

Offline jcamador

« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »
Tran- i really liked the flavor and texture of the caputo. It was very easy to work with...very extensible, and the crust was light and airy. It had a hint of sour and a nice chew. I would say this batch of dough was my favorite yet. As an aside, the dough had a yellowish tint to it...Italian wheat? Non-bleached? I don't know, but I was really amazed by the differences between caputo and bread flour, and all-purpose for that matter.

Hope your still creating those masterpieces!
jason

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 05:39:47 PM »
Tran- i really liked the flavor and texture of the caputo. It was very easy to work with...very extensible, and the crust was light and airy. It had a hint of sour and a nice chew. I would say this batch of dough was my favorite yet. As an aside, the dough had a yellowish tint to it...Italian wheat? Non-bleached? I don't know, but I was really amazed by the differences between caputo and bread flour, and all-purpose for that matter.

Hope your still creating those masterpieces!

Jason, thanks for your opinion of caputo.   Yes some of the caputo flour I get has more of a cream color than others.
When I first started making pizzas, I thought your pies were absolutely stunning.  They always gave me motivation and a goal to shoot towards  Now that I've been making pizzas for a while, I still think they are stunning to look at.  I'm still making those pizzas and still enjoying the process.  Thanks for sharing your work.

Chau