Author Topic: Raw sausage  (Read 12074 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Raw sausage
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 08:45:48 AM »
I use to think no to raw sausage, but now it's a definite YES!  ;D
Chau, what is the shortest cook time you've used with raw sausage?

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Matthew

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
FWIW, Our sausage always goes on raw.  The salsiccia pizza is one of our top sellers.

Merry Christmas!

Matt

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 02:59:14 AM »
I have always used raw Italian sausage ("pick-and-flick" as we usually call it) and have never had any trouble with it cooking through as long as you keep the globs small enough. That's with a 5-minute bake time at 550.
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline pizzajosh

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 12:05:56 AM »
When I first started working at Round Table we mixed pork sausage with pre - bagged spices. They then decided they wanted to sell their own Italian sausage. We always cooked it on the pizza but it was always the last topping to go on. You would pinch it off no bigger than a nickel. We cooked it at 495 - 505 for 5 min thin crust and 8 min for pan crust. Never seemed to be a problem. The last year or so I was there they switched to pre-cooked frozen sausage. Not sure if it was because of consistency or health issues.

Offline patdakat345

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 06:14:49 AM »
I never have pre-cooked the sausage. Even with quarter sized pieces 1/8" thick. My pizzas are medium thickness, Chicago deep dish and Sicilian, all of them baked at 450 F to 475F, around 8-30 minutes.
If I were doing thin or cracker crust at higher temperature, then I would pre-cook.

pat

pizzapan