Author Topic: Pepperoni Pinwheels.  (Read 1295 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Pepperoni Pinwheels.
« on: March 22, 2010, 09:49:25 PM »
After oven cooled a bit last night I made some caputo pinwheels with a leftover dough the crowd raved about them I liked them too! Long rectangle used large deli pepperoni and loaded with boars head mozz slow bake by fron of oven while cleaning up Yum. I will make these again for sure! great appy.I'll post a cross section when I eat the leftovers! just too full. oh and the meat ball calzone and a pepperoni roll too!no egg wash, just playin.
John
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 10:06:05 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline DNA Dan

Re: Pepperoni Pinwheels.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:57:36 PM »
We used to do this with leftover skins at a pizza place I used to work at. The basic process was to take a small skin and cut it in half. On the straight edge we'd line up pepperoni, about 15 or so pieces. Some times we'd put in a few pinches of topping cheese. We'd then roll the entire straight edge toward the half circle side like a cinnamon roll. The roll was then flattened lengthwise and then cut into about 1 inch sections. They went on a baking sheet and cooked until nice and brown. It was either served with Ranch dressing or Pizza sauce which we'd warm up.