Author Topic: Pizza Muffins  (Read 1697 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Pizza Muffins
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:07:21 PM »
After seeing the English Muffins Bill made out of pizza dough, I wondered how I could try those.  I had unfrozen a dough ball yesterday, but didnít have time to try to make the muffins.  I looked at the dough ball in the refrigerator tonight and didnít want to waste it.  I decided to cut the dough in four pieces. I couldnít decide how to go about making these, but decided to use my cast iron pan and put some oil in and basically fry the dough.  It rose, but I knew the inside probably wouldnít be finished in such a short time.  I cut open the muffins and they were almost finished.  Then I put pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese on the muffins and back into the oven for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F.
What surprised me the most is that the muffins didnít taste anything like a pizza.

Thanks Bill for the idea,  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Pizza Muffins
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
Very nice, Norma.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 10:34:09 PM »
Very nice, Norma.

Bill,

Thanks for saying they look nice.  Do you mind telling me how you did your English Muffins?  I know you use a different kind of dough than I use, but your English Muffins looked so delicious I just had to give them a try.  What surprised me was they did taste just like English Muffins, not like a regular crust.

Norma

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:04:01 AM »
Do you mind telling me how you did your English Muffins? 
As you saw in this video:

I simply shaped some leftover pizza dough and fried it up in some butter. What else did you wish to know?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:59:13 AM »
As you saw in this video:

I simply shaped some leftover pizza dough and fried it up in some butter. What else did you wish to know?

Bill,

I just was wondering what you fried you dough in.  ::)  Now, I know.   :)  I just used olive oil.  Will try these again.  They were good!

Thanks again,

Norma

pizzapan