Author Topic: Cracker Style Idea  (Read 13085 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Cracker Style Idea
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2012, 05:04:01 PM »
This looked fun to try. I did tweak the recipe by adding some garlic powder to the dough. I watched the video, and read the posts to get an idea on how to proceed. I cut the formula by half, and ended up with a 12" skin. Cooked it for about 3 minutes then flipped it over for about another 2 or 3. It had nice bubbles, and browning of the skin. It tasted great, almost like I had used butter. It seems more like a pie crust than a pizza crust. It was flaky and very tender. It was very light in structure. I would like it to be less tender, and have just a little more bite like a cracker crust. I think the oil gave it the tenderness. Next time I'll lower the amount of oil a little and see if that makes it  a more substantial crust. All in all, it was a success. I think it would be fun to add dessert toppings to it. Maybe a little sugar and cinnamon.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:07:27 PM by nick57 »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2012, 10:59:15 PM »
nick57,

Glad you had some success with this style of pizza.  :) Will be looking forward to your results if you modify the formulation.

Norma 
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
Instead of tweaking the Matzo recipe, I went with the Dough Doctor's cracker crust recipe. I did make one change. I doubled the amount of oil in the recipe. I noticed a very different result. The dough was crackery, thin, and crisp. Like the Matzo recipe but the crust was more substantial like I was looking for. Just increasing the oil made all the difference. The crust was less dense and chewy than the original recipe, it was very light and airy. I have made two pies using double the oil, and they were my best pies to date. Thanks for the matzo tip, I finally made the pie I was looking for. It is almost like the Pizza Hut thin and crispy from the 60's and 70's.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2012, 05:39:01 PM »
nick57,

Glad you could make the kind of cracker style you wanted.  Congrats!  :chef:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!