Author Topic: Anybody here ever have Tripoli's Pizza?  (Read 7752 times)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Re: Anybody here ever have Tripoli's Pizza?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »
well seasoned, black, steel,rectangular,  full sheet bake on stone

Thanks.  How should I season the pan?  Just olive oil and put on hot grill?

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

amyamrap

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 10:23:47 PM »
Show me the law or legal precedent that makes dumpster diving (for non commercial purposes) illegal.

Are you kidding? This is who you are? It's private property, chief. Frolic in mine and  I'll show you precedent.

Offline pythonic

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 10:40:13 PM »
Are you kidding? This is who you are? It's private property, chief. Frolic in mine and  I'll show you precedent.

What about the Junkers who take your trash?  Is that illegal too?

Online scott123

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »

I am someone who, when told that something is 'illegal' which may or may not actually be illegal, asks for proof. The legality of dumpster diving is definitely not that cut and dry.

http://freegan.info/what-is-a-freegan/freegan-practices/urban-foraging/diving-and-the-law/

Most dumpsters are located in parking lots. If someone parks their car in a restaurant parking lot, are they trespassing? Of course not. I'm in no way saying that dumpster diving is legal, and, on more than one occasion, I've warned people not to dive, or to be hyper careful, because neanderthal restaurant owners (present company included) can be dangerous. I live in an area where people have been 'disappeared' over restaurant recipe leaks, so I take this kind of thing seriously.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:27:06 PM by scott123 »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 11:36:47 PM »
This is my take on the matter of dumpster diving: Reply 131 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=27952.msg294406#msg294406

See, also, Reply 133 in the same thread, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=27952.msg294419#msg294419

Peter
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:38:21 PM by Pete-zza »

amyamrap

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
Stunning to me that some would consider it debatable whether or not something that is mine is theirs. Such losers would be foolish to put those notions into practice.

Online scott123

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 01:47:52 PM »
Stunning to me that some would consider it debatable whether or not something that is mine is theirs. Such losers would be foolish to put those notions into practice.

Did you not read my link?!  The generally accepted legal definition is that when you throw something out, it ceases to be yours.

I find the concept of beating up homeless people rummaging through your dumpster for food completely offensive.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 02:31:36 PM by scott123 »

Offline dmckean44

• pizza pizza
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2014, 01:51:40 PM »
I'm with scott123 on this one, once something is in the trash it is fair game.

Here in San Diego I just assume my garbage will be rummaged through multiple times before trash day.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 01:53:23 PM by dmckean44 »

Offline pythonic

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 04:16:29 PM »
So my black allied metal (made from rolled steel) pan arrived yesterday.  It's a 16x16 pan.  I heard these pans were some of the best ever made.  I am now ready to take a stab at this type of pizza.  Tripoli's, Beach pizza...etc.  I've never had this type of pizza before but my neighbors used to live in MA. and they absolutely love it.  I'd like to master this pizza for them and make it at their house.  I'm looking for some dough formulations to use.  If anyone knows this pizza please help.  I have some All Trumps flour at disposal if that's what they use.  Otherwise I have AP and KABF too.

Nate

Offline Old Red

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 08:58:35 AM »
When this thread surfaced a few weeks ago I thought I'd try a Tripoli's pie when I got to NH. Been here all week but completely forgot about Tripoli's. Returning to NY tomorrow but will be back to go cod fishing in May. Tripoli's should be not far out of my way coming back from Hampton Harbor.