Author Topic: Am I sick? Do I need help? Will it get better?  (Read 5953 times)

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: Am I sick? Do I need help? Will it get better?
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
But Bill....I thought you looked like Brad Pitt.....;-)

Yes, a bald Brad Pitt. 

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2010, 05:43:43 PM »
It isn't hard for the posts to add up quick.  Here are some counts from the boards I frequent:

1998-20,844, actually closer to 30,000 due to a database corruption (flight simulation)
2006-4,031 (construction)
2006-1,382 (construction)
November 19, 2009-864 (pizza oven construction)
July 10, 2010- 112 (here)

PaulsPizza

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2010, 06:21:08 PM »
Yes, a bald Brad Pitt. 
Haha, so guys...if you ever see a bald Brad eating a WFO pizza you know its Bill! Lol

Offline Matthew

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »
It's like looking in the mirror (if you Photoshop in a beard and mustache).

Offline Matthew

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
It's like looking in the mirror (if you Photoshop in a beard and mustache).

I couldn't resist.  :-D

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »
Bill I noticed you didn't complain about the massive forehead.   :-D

PaulsPizza

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2010, 06:53:56 AM »
Dear Dr Chau,

I am sat at my desk at work...the pupils are doing a test in silence in front of me and I have got a piece of Blutac to windowpane perfectly...Do I have a problem? :-D

Paul

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2010, 08:24:48 AM »
Dear Dr Chau,

I am sat at my desk at work...the pupils are doing a test in silence in front of me and I have got a piece of Blutac to windowpane perfectly...Do I have a problem? :-D

Paul

Paul,

I am not Dr. Chau but maybe you could teach your pupils how to make pizza.  At least there would be more great pizzas in this world.   :-D  Most students do love pizza.  :)  I don't see any problems with your thinking.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

PaulsPizza

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2010, 08:28:28 AM »
Paul,

I am not Dr. Chau but maybe you could teach your pupils how to make pizza.  At least there would be more great pizzas in this world.   :-D  Most students do love pizza.  :)  I don't see any problems with your thinking.

Norma

Thank you for your advice Nurse Norma  ;D :-D

I would love to make pizzas with the kids, I know they all love eating it. It hurts when I ask them what their favorite pizza is and they all say 'Dominos' :'( :-D
The kids at my school are 11-16 years old.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2010, 08:33:54 AM »
Thank you for your advice Nurse Norma  ;D :-D

I would love to make pizzas with the kids, I know they all love eating it. It hurts when I ask them what their favorite pizza is and they all say 'Dominos' :'( :-D
The kids at my school are 11-16 years old.

Paul,

LOL as for nurse Norma.   :-D  I can see your point of view, when your students say Dominos is their favorite pizza.   :(  When you open your pizza business, you will have to show them what good pizza is.   :)

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »
Paul,

LOL as for nurse Norma.   :-D  I can see your point of view, when your students say Dominos is their favorite pizza.   :(  When you open your pizza business, you will have to show them what good pizza is.   :)

Norma

Don't worry, I will be plugging my business to them at every possible opportunity! :-D
Next week I will take a few photos of the pizzas that my school cafeteria sells, it the most dense/dry cardboard pizza you have ever seen but the kids bloody love it! :o

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2010, 08:47:21 AM »
Don't worry, I will be plugging my business to them at every possible opportunity! :-D
Next week I will take a few photos of the pizzas that my school cafeteria sells, it the most dense/dry cardboard pizza you have ever seen but the kids bloody love it! :o

Paul,

I would enjoy seeing what kind of pizzas your school cafeteria sells.  I also liked any kinds of pizzas when I was a child and even growing up.  I only learned what better pizzas were, when I joined this forum.   :-D

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2010, 08:52:49 AM »
Paul,

I would enjoy seeing what kind of pizzas your school cafeteria sells.  I also liked any kinds of pizzas when I was a child and even growing up.  I only learned what better pizzas were, when I joined this forum.   :-D

Norma

Ok Norma, I will take some pictures on Monday and post them in here.
I was the same as you, growing up I would eat any pizza. Unfortunately, where I live, all the pizza stinks, so I never knew what good pizza was like. (it still stinks BTW) :(
I live in a place called Peacehaven which is near the city of Brighton on the south coast of England, the best pizza around Brighton/Peacehaven is Dominos! :-D :o That says it all I think. lol

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »
Ok Norma, I will take some pictures on Monday and post them in here.
I was the same as you, growing up I would eat any pizza. Unfortunately, where I live, all the pizza stinks, so I never knew what good pizza was like. (it still stinks BTW) :(
I live in a place called Peacehaven which is near the city of Brighton on the south coast of England, the best pizza around Brighton/Peacehaven is Dominos! :-D :o That says it all I think. lol

Paul,

Thanks for saying you will take some pictures of the pizza at school.   :)  I have tried many pizzas in my life and I thought I had a decent handle on what I liked or didn't like, but after joining this forum, I have changed my mind.  :-D I have eaten pizzas in NY many times, but still have never tried a pizza in a WFO.  It took me all these years to finally be able to learn about pizzas and how different they can be.   :-D

You should do well in the area you live, when you can introduce people to great pizzas.  ;D  :chef:

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »
Paul,

Thanks for saying you will take some pictures of the pizza at school.   :)  I have tried many pizzas in my life and I thought I had a decent handle on what I liked or didn't like, but after joining this forum, I have changed my mind.  :-D I have eaten pizzas in NY many times, but still have never tried a pizza in a WFO.  It took me all these years to finally be able to learn about pizzas and how different they can be.   :-D

You should do well in the area you live, when you can introduce people to great pizzas.  ;D  :chef:

Norma

I ate my first WFO pizza in an Italian restaurant in Brighton a few weeks ago and it wasn't good, I asked about their dough and the waiter told me it was brought in frozen dough, toppings tasted cheap too, however, I am sure if I had a proper WFO pizza it would be a different story.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:01 AM »
I ate my first WFO pizza in an Italian restaurant in Brighton a few weeks ago and it wasn't good, I asked about their dough and the waiter told me it was brought in frozen dough, toppings tasted cheap too, however, I am sure if I had a proper WFO pizza it would be a different story.

Paul,

Good to hear you did get to try out a WFO pizza, even though it wasn’t good.  The best pizza operators sometimes to have trouble with their dough even if it is made fresh.  When using preferments of any kind, making the dough can also be tricky.

What kind of oven are you going to bake your pizzas in and at what temperatures are you going to bake your pizzas?

In the last few minutes I was just hired part-time for a business near me.  At least I might be able to learn how to make some new food and learn how other businesses are operated.

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2010, 09:48:48 AM »
Paul,

Good to hear you did get to try out a WFO pizza, even though it wasn’t good.  The best pizza operators sometimes to have trouble with their dough even if it is made fresh.  When using preferments of any kind, making the dough can also be tricky.

What kind of oven are you going to bake your pizzas in and at what temperatures are you going to bake your pizzas?

In the last few minutes I was just hired part-time for a business near me.  At least I might be able to learn how to make some new food and learn how other businesses are operated.

Norma

That's great Norma! well done! any details would be fantastic to hear (if you won't get into trouble)
I am using an electric deck oven and will bake the pizzas in the 650-700 F area. I will have a month-6weeks in my shop before I open so I will have plenty of time to lock in on the exact number that works best for me. My oven has seperate heat options that can be adjusted seperatly (top and bottom heat) so it will be fun playing around with those. I have read that the top heat should idealy be slightly higher than the bottom, so I have a lot of playing around to do in those 6 weeks. :D (I get to eat a lot of pizza in that time) :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »
That's great Norma! well done! any details would be fantastic to hear (if you won't get into trouble)
I am using an electric deck oven and will bake the pizzas in the 650-700 F area. I will have a month-6weeks in my shop before I open so I will have plenty of time to lock in on the exact number that works best for me. My oven has seperate heat options that can be adjusted seperatly (top and bottom heat) so it will be fun playing around with those. I have read that the top heat should idealy be slightly higher than the bottom, so I have a lot of playing around to do in those 6 weeks. :D (I get to eat a lot of pizza in that time) :-D

Paul,

Thanks for posting what temperatures you will be using.  Your oven sounds great that it has separate heat options.  Have fun playing around with those.  Best of luck in your business.  :)

I would have thought I was applying for a special job or something.  It took me 3 weeks just to got though all it took to get a part-time job.  I haven't been though the process of actually being hired for many years.  Times sure have changed.

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2010, 10:01:30 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Norma. :D
What job is it that you will be doing? Do you have many details yet?

Paul