Author Topic: Am I sick? Do I need help? Will it get better?  (Read 6209 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Am I sick? Do I need help? Will it get better?
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2010, 10:15:39 AM »
Paul I think Bill said it best.  Bake 2 pies and call me in the morning... :-D

The more time I spend on this forum, the more I realize that I'm NOT as sick as half of you nut jobs on here.  Especially you two, Paul and Norma.  You two are SICK!!!  :P

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2010, 10:21:57 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Norma. :D
What job is it that you will be doing? Do you have many details yet?

Paul

Paul,

Youíre welcome, anytime.   :)

I am only going to be working at a busy gas station, in our area that also sells many kinds of foods they prepare made to order, coffee, smoothies and many other things.  I will need to learn everything, so I will be able to fill in, when someone else isnít there. They do have many employees. I like fast-paced working, so this part-time job, should be what I am looking for. I can put in their computer what hours I am available. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »
Paul I think Bill said it best.  Bake 2 pies and call me in the morning... :-D

The more time I spend on this forum, the more I realize that I'm NOT as sick as half of you nut jobs on here.  Especially you two, Paul and Norma.  You two are SICK!!!  :P

Chau,

Come on now, just how sick are we.   :-D  At least I won't be able to spend as much time on the forum, with a new job.  Maybe it will cure me..what do you think?   :-D

Norma

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »
Listen up, guys.

Most people spend their entire business lives and careers addicted to their work and waiting for that time when they can devote as much time as they'd like to doing things they really enjoy, such as hobbies, and not under anyone's thumb. Then, when they get there and are actually having a great time, they start to feel guilty and worry that they are overdoing it and developing a new addiction. I realize that this is a rhetorical question, but which addiction would you rather have? From a strictly clinical and health standpoint, I think that the post-work addiction is the better one to have. Or, as Mae West is said to have exclaimed: Too much of a good thing can be simply wonderful.

Peter

PaulsPizza

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2010, 11:16:39 AM »
Dr Chau....How on earth can you call us sick!?? lol :-D ;D
You are the biggest pizza junkie I have ever known :P

Norma, congratulations on the new job, I know you have a passion for learning and they will be very lucky to have you on board.

Peter, very true and wise words as usual!
Too much pizza is a truly wonderful thing ;D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »
Listen up, guys.

Most people spend their entire business lives and careers addicted to their work and waiting for that time when they can devote as much time as they'd like to doing things they really enjoy, such as hobbies, and not under anyone's thumb. Then, when they get there and are actually having a great time, they start to feel guilty and worry that they are overdoing it and developing a new addiction. I realize that this is a rhetorical question, but which addiction would you rather have? From a strictly clinical and health standpoint, I think that the post-work addiction is the better one to have. Or, as Mae West is said to have exclaimed: Too much of a good thing can be simply wonderful.

Peter

Peter,

What you posted was very true and wise as Paul also posted. I spend my entire life up to this point before joining this forum, trying to work and raise a family.  I never gave myself time for a true hobby.  I was never on a forum before.  I also agree what Mae West said.  It is simply wonderful being able to learn in a forum such as pizzamaking.com, with all the help that is here.  I would rather have this hobby than others that could cause problems.

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »
Dr Chau....How on earth can you call us sick!?? lol :-D ;D
You are the biggest pizza junkie I have ever known :P

Norma, congratulations on the new job, I know you have a passion for learning and they will be very lucky to have you on board.

Dr. Chau,

At least I donít dream about making pizza when I am asleep.  I sleep peacefully.  Fuss up!   :-D

Paul,

Thanks for the congrats on the job.  :)  I am sure I will learn new things there. 

Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »
 :-D  I was just having a bit of fun with you two.   We all know who the biggest addict here is don't we?  :P  Kidding aside, I agree with myself and everyone else here.  ;D

Pizza making and the forum are much more benign than a number of other addictions I can think of.   :angel:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
:-D  I was just having a bit of fun with you two.   We all know who the biggest addict here is don't we?  :P  Kidding aside, I agree with myself and everyone else here.  ;D

Pizza making and the forum are much more benign than a number of other addictions I can think of.   :angel:

Chau,

You sure are funny!  :-D

Norma

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2010, 01:41:47 AM »
It's like Christmas at my house tonight.   Got off work late and took the wifey out for a nice dinner.  Came home late knowing that some packages had arrived for me.

All my loot came in today from my order this pass Sunday and Monday.  My Bosch mixer, all the bread baking stuff from breadtopia, and stuff from PennMac showed up on the same day.   Not pictured is the 55lb sack of caputo, grand mozz, & pepperoni I ordered. 

It's now 11pm,  boy am I exhausted.  I think I wait till tomorrow to mix up some dough.   :-D

Just kidding!  Gotta test out the new ride... ;D  Mixing up a small batch around 400gm of dough. 

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2010, 02:27:33 AM »
Merry Christmas JT, and to all your yeast, goodnight. :D
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2010, 07:10:39 AM »
It's like Christmas at my house tonight.   Got off work late and took the wifey out for a nice dinner.  Came home late knowing that some packages had arrived for me.

All my loot came in today from my order this pass Sunday and Monday.  My Bosch mixer, all the bread baking stuff from breadtopia, and stuff from PennMac showed up on the same day.   Not pictured is the 55lb sack of caputo, grand mozz, & pepperoni I ordered. 

It's now 11pm,  boy am I exhausted.  I think I wait till tomorrow to mix up some dough.   :-D

Just kidding!  Gotta test out the new ride... ;D  Mixing up a small batch around 400gm of dough. 

Chau,

Who knew before coming to this forum that you could actually have a great time with pizza even when not eating it. :o

Merry Christmas and have fun with all your new toys!  Santa came early for you this year.   ;D

Norma

PaulsPizza

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2010, 05:18:33 PM »
When I have dough in the fridge, I constantly go on to my wife about leaving the fridge door open for ages when shes 'deciding' what to eat! And I get a ticking off every time! Lol. Any other addicts have this problem??

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 06:10:55 PM »
JT,

looking forward to your reviews on the tomatos.

I just finegled a membership to my restaurant depot and they have a full line of stanislaus!  I picked up the alta cucinas.  Haven't tried them yet.

AZ

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 06:41:21 PM »
Wow, any pizza fanatic would love to find that stash under the tree on Christmas morning. Enjoy and good luck! ;)

pizzapan