Author Topic: Need UPC for Grande Mozz/Provolone blend  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
Need UPC for Grande Mozz/Provolone blend
« on: March 18, 2005, 04:39:15 PM »
Hi, does anyone have the UPC  for Grande Mozzarella/Provolone blend?  GFS carries the cheese but the girl I spoke to couldn't find the blend in the computer...  She said there is lots of Grande Mozzarella listed but no blends.  She said if I could get the UPC  she'd be able to find it  ???

Thanks a lot.
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
Re: Need UPC for Grande Mozz/Provolone blend
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 05:02:37 PM »
Hey nevermind I got it  :P  GFS's product number for it is 201014 and it's $84.35 for the case (6-5 pound bags shredded).  Grande's UPC is 00710.   ;)

That's .54 cents a pound cheaper than what Verns quoted me and no shipping charges.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 05:04:22 PM by Nathan »

Offline Crusty

• It's all about CRUST
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 05:14:15 PM »
Do you have a website and contact for GFS?

I just received a case of 100% shredded Grande from Vern's the cost per pound was $3.83 in my refirgerator.
I really enjoy working with the folks at Vern's.

Thanks,

Crusty

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 05:34:24 PM »
Their website is here: http://www.gfs.com/

They're a Foodservice but they have "marketplace stores" around my area.  I wasn't able to find Grande cheese on their website but I posted a question on pmq's thinktank about another brand of cheese they sell (Primo Gusto) and one of the people that responded just happens to have a pizza place around here.  He's the one that told me they carry it.   8)

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 10:10:02 PM »
Well I got the Grande cheese today.  I shouldn't need cheese for a while  ;D

Offline JeffGFS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 10:15:48 AM »
Nathan, Crusty,
My name's Jeff, I'm the Product Mgr. for Dairy with GFS. I stumbled across your conversation regarding Grande cheese and wanted to jump in and add a couple things. Nathan, sorry to hear we had some difficulty finding the item you were looking for. I appreciate your patience. As an FYI, we also carry the Grande Mozz-Prov diced. I find it's a bit easier for portioning to use a diced. That item code is #281450. Thanks again for the opporunity for GFS to assist you with this.
Crusty,
I'm certainly respectful of your business relationship with Vern's. As a former restaurant manager, I know a good distributor is hard to find and a good relationship with one is highly valued. But if you should have any interest in pursuing Grande through GFS or any of our other pizza products or supplies, I'd be more than happy to help put you in contact with a local representative. I'd invite you to take a look at our website www.gfs.com and/or please let me know if I can be of any assistance. Thanks.

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 08:53:08 AM »
Hey if anyone wants some of this cheese I'll sell it for the same price I paid for it.  I know you can order it from Verns but I'm not paying that much for it.  Plus I really don't know if I can use up what I have to buy. 

Anyway, if anyone is interested in possibly buying some PM me.

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 08:59:15 AM »
Jeff, I really appreciate you taking time out to address the "small folks".  I'm sure you're aware that most of us on here are small time.  But that doesn't mean that we can't outdo any chain/lombardi's/patsy's/grimaldi's/etc/etc/etc/       I'm talking real pizza...   ;D

Anyway, Jeff, where are you located?  I have some more questions for you if you don't mind.

Offline JeffGFS

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 01:24:06 PM »
Nathan,
There's no "small folks" in our business. Just those that aren't big...yet. Besides, it's good for us to stay in touch with what's really happening in the pizza business.
To answer your question, I'm located at our headquarters in Grand Rapids, MI. Feel free to shoot me questions anytime.

Thanks,

pizzapan