Author Topic: Forno Bravo Toscana Oven.  (Read 1836 times)

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
Forno Bravo Toscana Oven.
« on: August 25, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »
I'm in the market for a WFO.  The Toscana series looks great, but i haven't seen any reviews of the oven anywhere.  I'm interested in the experience of anyone who has cooked with this oven or the Casa 2G line which it is based on.

Can you get it to high temps like 950?  What are your cook times?
Is the performance good?
How long does it retain heat?

Thanks in advance

Offline harrisa

• Aaron's Pizza Page
Re: Forno Bravo Toscana Oven.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:25:26 AM »
I'm in the market for a WFO.  The Toscana series looks great, but i haven't seen any reviews of the oven anywhere.  I'm interested in the experience of anyone who has cooked with this oven or the Casa 2G line which it is based on.

Can you get it to high temps like 950?  What are your cook times?
Is the performance good?
How long does it retain heat?

Thanks in advance

Just had my Casa 2G90 finished for about 2 months now and am very pleased with it.

According to my Harbor Freight IR thermometer, yes.  although I usually cook with dome temps around 850-900. My pizzas take around 2 minutes, and we've cooked 30 pizzas in about 45 minutes before.(Which is better than the 6 an hour we were getting on the grill).

Yes, although I have no other ovens to compare it to.  I'm not seeing the 40 minute cooking temp times YET though, normally it's about an hour and a half.  From what others have said the more you use it the quicker the warmup times are.  This is NOT a dealbreaker.

It holds it's heat A LOOONNG time... we cook bread after our guests leave, then always cook a pot roast/boston butt the next day, and I've dried peppers the night after.

Hope this helps.
aa
Bored?

Visit  Aaron's Pizza Page

to see how I went from cooking Chef Boyardee to a WFO in 5 years

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Forno Bravo Toscana Oven.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 11:53:05 AM »
Harissa,

Thank you for responding.  Glad to hear that your oven has worked out so well.  It must be a great feeling to fire up your oven and turn out WFO pies for the first time.

How high do the floor temps get?  Are you happy with the floor size and dome height?

Were there any other ovens that you considered?  Any regrets/suprises?

Thanks again,

Ponzu