Author Topic: NORMA WON FIRST PLACE FOR CAPUTO CUP IN NYC!!!  (Read 4984 times)

Offline Pizzaposer

• I Love Pizza!
Re: NORMA WON FIRST PLACE FOR CAPUTO CUP IN NYC!!!
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
Norma,

One of the reasons I finally joined the forum instead of lurking all the time was to congratulate you!!! I don't have a Facebook page but my wife does and, having the same friends, we kind of share it.  Quite some time ago she came to me and said "Who is this Norma and why is she showing up on our Facebook page?"  I showed her a few pictures of your pies and she said "Oh, yeah, ok.  I get it now." :drool:

Online bigMoose

• Kneading is Happiness!
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2016, 07:04:38 PM »
    Norma, is the Market going to finally give you a better stand/stall?
Bob,

I don't think so.  When Fox 43 News called the office Tuesday I was called to the office by the market manager.  After I talked to the reporter I told the market manager I never will be able to keep up in my small space with only me making the pizzas.  He laughed.
This is one of those times I would like to hear the following conversation: Mr. Trump calls the Roots market manager.  "Hello, I hear you are giving my good friend, Norma, the first quadruple wide stall by the main entrance.  She is fantastic...just fantastic!"  ... oh your not?  Well I just bought Roots market yesterday, and "your fired!"  :-D

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2016, 07:35:24 PM »
Norma,

One of the reasons I finally joined the forum instead of lurking all the time was to congratulate you!!! I don't have a Facebook page but my wife does and, having the same friends, we kind of share it.  Quite some time ago she came to me and said "Who is this Norma and why is she showing up on our Facebook page?"  I showed her a few pictures of your pies and she said "Oh, yeah, ok.  I get it now." :drool:

Pizzaposer,

Thanks so much for joining the forum to congratulate me!  I still don't know how I showed on your wife's facebook page if we aren't friends.  Did a friend of your wife's shared something on their facebook page that she saw?

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
This is one of those times I would like to hear the following conversation: Mr. Trump calls the Roots market manager.  "Hello, I hear you are giving my good friend, Norma, the first quadruple wide stall by the main entrance.  She is fantastic...just fantastic!"  ... oh your not?  Well I just bought Roots market yesterday, and "your fired!"  :-D

Dave,

Your post really made me chuckle.  :-D The manager at market has treated me special since I won.  I talked to him yesterday morning and said I had the chance to go to the Pizza Expo in Vegas with mostly everything paid by other places.  I told the market manager that I wasn't sure if I wanted to go and miss market so soon again.  He told me go and have fun.  He also said market will still be there for me when I get back. 

Norma

Offline Pizzaposer

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2016, 09:29:58 PM »
Pizzaposer,

Thanks so much for joining the forum to congratulate me!  I still don't know how I showed on your wife's facebook page if we aren't friends.  Did a friend of your wife's shared something on their facebook page that she saw?

Norma

No. I "liked" Norma's Pizza at Roots Country Market and Auction and your posts show up on our page.  I can see that it is a great place and I envy your being able to sell the fantastic pies you make but I wish you had somewhere where you could do it more frequently....preferably closer to my house than Lancaster.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:14 PM »
No. I "liked" Norma's Pizza at Roots Country Market and Auction and your posts show up on our page.  I can see that it is a great place and I envy your being able to sell the fantastic pies you make but I wish you had somewhere where you could do it more frequently....preferably closer to my house than Lancaster.

Pizzaposer,

I understand why my posts show up on your page now.  Thanks for explaining!   Root's Market is a great place to shop for almost anything. 

Norma

Offline pythonic

• It's Pizza Time
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2016, 09:26:19 AM »
Almost a month late.....just saw this thread.

Incredible job Norma.  Your hard work and extreme dedication has paid off to the fullest.  Congrats!!!

I live in Pitt now and will certainly have to make the drive to Roots to taste one of your delicious pies.  Only 4.5hrs away.

Nate
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:30:25 AM by pythonic »
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »
Almost a month late.....just saw this thread.

Incredible job Norma.  Your hard work and extreme dedication has paid off to the fullest.  Congrats!!!

I live in Pitt now and will certainly have to make the drive to Roots to taste one of your delicious pies.  Only 4.5hrs away.

Nate

Thanks so much Nate!  Four and a half hours is a long way to go try a pizza.

Norma

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2016, 10:18:53 PM »
Thanks so much Nate!  Four and a half hours is a long way to go try a pizza.

Norma

But not to far to see a hot Champion and and have pizza with her :P

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2016, 10:23:48 PM »
But not to far to see a hot Champion and and have pizza with her :P

jon

Lol John!  Not much hot about me anymore.   :-D  I would love to be able to have pizza with all of the members of the forum and chat about pizzas.

Norma

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:27 PM »
All in the eye of the beholder there chickee :angel: >:D Now that I'm pretty much retired, me and my hot Warden might make a road trip this summer and head east and surprise you! Head East......be a great name for a band or something :-D

jon
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2016, 11:11:24 PM »
All in the eye of the beholder there chickee :angel: >:D Now that I'm pretty much retired, me and my hot Warden might make a road trip this summer and head east and surprise you! Head East......be a great name for a band or something :-D

jon

Jon,

Lol being called a chickee.  I bet the Warden and you have a lot of fun!  ;D I would be honored to have you and your chickee visit me.  I agree that Head East would be a great name for a band!  8)

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #187 on: Today at 08:13:48 AM »
If anyone that sent me congrats on this thread is interested, the same dough, cheese, sauce and other toppings used at the Caputo Cup did not make a good pizza when tried the second time.  The results are below and they were not good:  :-[

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=41214.msg415407#msg415407 

Norma