Author Topic: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update  (Read 316096 times)

alex.heward.9 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline texmex

Re: Post a Pic of Your Pie - Daily Update
« Reply #5075 on: Yesterday at 10:39:16 AM »
Norm, those look pretty good.  I have had some really good pizzas from what I felt was overblown dough. Just had to be extra gentle with the stretch.  Was the flavor off?
Reesa

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #5076 on: Yesterday at 10:48:41 AM »
Norm, those look pretty good.  I have had some really good pizzas from what I felt was overblown dough. Just had to be extra gentle with the stretch.  Was the flavor off?

^^^ 

Norm,  You got great coloring on the crust and those pies do look good.  Sometimes if a dough looks too fermented, the skin can just be shaped on the bench.

Norma

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #5077 on: Yesterday at 10:55:52 AM »
Thanks Reesa, thanks Norma - the dough was very hard to stretch properly, kind of a runny wet noodle - because of that, the middle became very thin. I would not say the flavor was off, but I did not like the crust as much as usual - maybe it was too early for pizza  :-D

Norma, I think stretching it on the counter would have worked better, thanks for the suggestion - if and when this happens again, no elevated stretching....
Norm

Offline texmex

« Reply #5078 on: Yesterday at 11:58:21 AM »
Thanks Reesa, thanks Norma - the dough was very hard to stretch properly, kind of a runny wet noodle - because of that, the middle became very thin. I would not say the flavor was off, but I did not like the crust as much as usual - maybe it was too early for pizza  :-D

Norma, I think stretching it on the counter would have worked better, thanks for the suggestion - if and when this happens again, no elevated stretching....
Judging by your wife's finger flip, it was def too early.  Thinner crust at center, yep...it's fragile but crisp...

Today I had to finish off the rest of my mini pizzapops....next best thing to home oven bake...well, sort of.
Reesa

Online PizzaJerk

« Reply #5079 on: Yesterday at 07:19:14 PM »
I thought today would be a pizza day but we got busy at the shop and I was rushing around which is never a good thing. Anyway, I got around to making one lonely cheese pie today. I wish I could manage to get a non-rushed picture fresh out of the oven...maybe next time.
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

https://www.facebook.com/TheLunchRoomPenArgyl

Offline parallei

« Reply #5080 on: Yesterday at 07:47:59 PM »
Yes, I know that trying something that doesn't work over and over again is the definition of insanity or some thing.  But every couple of years a fellow needs to give it a shot. ;D

An indoor oven sort of NP.  Actually not too bad.  Made with the dough here:  https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=26831.msg416050#msg416050

Offline HBolte

« Reply #5081 on: Yesterday at 11:33:45 PM »
With all the Spelt talk, I had to do one too! KAAP with 5% Spelt. Really tasty crust with nice chew. 18 hour RTF.
Hans

Offline norcoscia

• Supporting Member
  • I really Love Pizza!
« Reply #5082 on: Today at 06:34:20 AM »
Great looking pies by everyone - now I want one....
Norm

Offline Dudd

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5083 on: Today at 07:27:22 PM »
Upgraded from a flimsy 1/10th inch thick steel plate to 1/2 inch thick that I picked up from a local metal place, what a difference on the bottom. Used some week old dough I had left over from a few pies I made for the Super Bowl. Had one big air bubble form that rose and touched the broil, caught on fire and set off the smoke alarms. But no harm, no foul.

Online Foodieforpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5084 on: Today at 08:29:59 PM »
This is my prettiest pie to date. 

Online Foodieforpizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5085 on: Today at 08:39:37 PM »
Here are a couple more.