Author Topic: sourdo.com lackluster support/service???  (Read 1777 times)

Offline all4pizza

sourdo.com lackluster support/service???
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »
I dont know if this is the right forum for  a review of sourdo.com service, but I couldnt find what i felt was a more appropriate forum.

I was really bothered by their poor directions that cost me one of my two italian cultures on my first go with them. Luckily this website exists and after hours of reading here I made sure the second of these two worked perfectly.

A month ago my gf "accidentally" tossed out my culture. She ordered me new cultures on the 19th. We received an order confirmation immediately and her card was charged immediately. After receiving no other correspondence we emailed the company last night. The 27th.

I received a scolding letter form someone stating that it took more than two days?? I can only assume that meant it wasn't shipped till two days prior?? I was still not provided any ACTUAL shipping info.  The letter went on to say that if I didn't get my order by may 10th I should contact them again. ???

MAY 10th? >:( so they are saying it could take over twenty days to send an envelope from idaho to southern california???

If im paying 6.50 for shipping and HANDLING on an item that clearly costs no more than $1.50 to ship shouldn't I expect them to HANDLE it in a more efficient method?

I recently shipped 4 car keys to ontario canada, even with time in customs it didnt take twenty days to arrive and the shipping cost was $1.85

If you are ordering from sourdo.com dont expect them to be as excited to get you the product as you are to get it. More like annoyed that you are bothering them with your expectation of service.

Kevin

I emailed them again and if they make no attempt to provide SERVICE, it will be the last time I bother them with my money.

Offline TONY

• I Love Pizza!
Re: sourdo.com lackluster support/service???
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »
I also purchased the Italian starters from Sourdough.com.  One Died (or I just couldn't activate it) and I emailed ED WOOD(edwood@sourdo.com), told him my sad story and he replaced promptly free of charge. This was a few years agol.

Tony

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:31 PM »
My experience has been generally good, but I get the impression they are a mom-and-pop shop so the support/service may be uneven. But there is no excuse for that.

The few times I have emailed Ed I have received prompt responses. 

Offline all4pizza

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:00:28 PM »
for the record, the first time I ordered with them I was surprised at how quickly it came. I would probably excuse all of it if it werent for the scolding email from them. Not ed.

Offline all4pizza

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 06:25:42 PM »
they arrived today. end result, all of this would have been avoided if my email would have been politely answered.

Offline Martino1

• so much to learn
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 01:55:13 AM »
Just wanna give my comment on Sourdo's service, even its a old thread.

i simply found the service and response it excellent and trustful.
Ed shipped the cultures across the world to Vietnam at no extra charge and i might state sourdo was the only site selling cultures So far overseas. It was well wrapped and described in a way the picky customs authorities  would not take it apart.
He responded to emails promptly and regarding activation: If one precisely follows and stays calm over the first 48 hours its fine. When i activate camaldoli and added pineapple juice the second activation went smoother... But also i was more prepared.

So i give the service 5 over 5.

Pizza is the only dish perfect for breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, late night snack ;-)

pizzapan