If anyone wants to see the Official Rules for this contest, I copied them.
Papa’s Specialty Pizza Challenge
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 5O UNITED STATES/DISTRICT
OF COLUMBIA, 18 YEARS OR OLDER AS OF TIME OF ENTRY. RESIDENTS
OF PUERTO RICO ARE INELIGIBLE TO ENTER.
1. Eligibility: Papa’s Specialty Pizza Challenge (the "Challenge") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees of Papa John's International Inc., Stuzo, and any of their parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies and official judges, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children and grandparents and the “steps” of each) and household members of each such employee and official judges are not eligible. Residents of Puerto Rico are ineligible to enter or win. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: Papa John's International Inc., 2002 Papa John's Blvd, Louisville, KY 40299. Administrator: Stuzo, 1234 Hamilton Street, Suite 201, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19123.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Challenge constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Challenge. Winning and being awarded a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Challenge begins on April 26, 2010 on or about 12:00 p.m. noon, Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on June 14, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Challenge Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Challenge.
5. How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter the Challenge as outlined below. There is no limitation on the number of entries submitted, regardless of entry method, by each entrant.
a. Electronic Entry Method: During the Challenge period, visit http://www.facebook.com/papajohns?v=app_112866542079019
and click on “Create Your Pizza”. Then follow the on screen instructions to complete and submit the Submission form, including 1) a recipe including crust choice, sauce choice, cheese choice, and up to seven (7) toppings; 2) a creative, descriptive, and interesting name for the pizza; and 3) the story behind how or why it was created or why you think it qualifies as the next great specialty pizza (the "Submission"). The Submission also includes completion of the registration form, including your first name, last name, valid email address, date of birth, phone number and zip code. Submission form and registration form must be complete in order to receive one (1) Challenge entry. By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Requirements and Content Restrictions as defined in these Official Rules (collectively, the “Requirements and Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Challenge if it believes, in its sole discretion, that your Submission fails to conform to the Requirements and Restrictions.
b. Mail-in Method of Entry: Your Submission must include: name, day and evening phone numbers, email address, today's date, and age along with your specialty pizza’s name, recipe, and the story (maximum 250 words or less) behind how or why it was created, or why it qualifies as the next great specialty pizza. Submission must be mailed with proper postage to: Papa’s Specialty Pizza Challenge, c/o Papa John’s Pizza, P.O. Box 99900 Louisville, Kentucky, 40269-0900. All mail-in Submissions must be received no later than one (1) calendar week after the applicable ending Entry date to be included in the Challenge. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
c. Events: Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, host local events at which Semi-Finalists may be selected.
o The Submission must be in text format;
o The Submission must not exceed 50 characters for pizza name, 250 characters for description in length. Character length includes spaces;
o The Submission must be in English;
o The Submission must be entirely the original work of the Submitter; and
o The Submission cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or published, exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
o Submissions become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
o The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes a third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright, trademark or other intellectual property infringement;
o The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any third person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Challenge;
o The Submission must not mention, refer to or show any feature brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s mark, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate into his/her Submission for this Challenge;
o The Submission must not contain text not created by entrant;
o The Submission must not contain text that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
o The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
o The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
Limit: Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrant must have permission from all individuals mentioned in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes, without attribution to, or compensation of, the submitter. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Challenge Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select ten (10) potential Semi-Finalist Prize winners, but reserves the right to select an additional five (5) winners for a maximum of fifteen (15) potential Semi-Finalist winners, from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
o Overall appeal;
o Taste of the final product;
o Creativity of the name; and
o Interest of the story
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher overall score, as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential Semi-Finalist Prize Winner. The panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select three (3) Finalist Prize Winners from among the Semi-Finalist Winners. The specialty pizzas for the three (3) Semi-Finalist Winners will be added as offered items between August 2 – August 29. During this period, Papa John’s customers may order these specialty pizzas and the specialty pizza of the three (3) Semi-Finalist Winners that receives the highest number of “votes,” as determined by the total number of times the specialty pizza is ordered, will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
7. Winner Requirements: Potential Semi-Finalist winners will be posted on www.facebook.com/papajohns.com
and will be notified by email or phone on or around June 21, 2010. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release ("Affidavit") and such other documents as may reasonably be requested by Sponsor, which must be received by Administrator within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent or such other time period as established by Sponsor, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit and/or other required documents within the required time period (if applicable), does not comply with these Official Rules, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only three (3) alternate winners may be determined for each prizing tier, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, Submission and/or prize information in connection with the Challenge for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner will be required to travel to/from Louisville, Kentucky for promotional appearances on a date(s) as determined by Sponsor. Any Winner who does not comply with these requirements, cannot be easily contacted, or who is unable to attend the promotional events as required by Sponsor will not be eligible for any prize and will forfeit his/her prize. Without limiting the generality of these Official Rules, winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission as part of its offered items as stated in Rule 8 below and for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 9, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Prizes will be fulfilled 8 – 10 weeks after conclusion of the Challenge.
8. Prizes: ONE (1) GRAND WINNER PRIZE: (1) Papa John's Pizza for life in the form of a $480 Papa John’s Gift Card mailed on the first day of September each year for up to fifty (50) years during the lifetime of the Grand Prize Winner. (ARV: $24,000 - $480/yr for 50 yrs); (2) Slice of the Sales: the Grand Prize Winner’s specialty pizza may be included as an offered item for a period not less than one month and not more than 12 months as determined by Sponsor, but not after November 30, 2011. Slice of the Sales will be awarded as 1% of the winner’s specialty pizza net sales for the period as determined by Sponsor, up to a maximum of $10,000, payable on a date no later than December 31, 2011. (ARV: not to exceed $10,000); and (3) Round-trip coach air transportation to Louisville, Kentucky, on a date between September 6 and September 30, from a major commercial airport, in the United States, near the winner’s primary residence, and up to two (2) nights tourist class hotel accommodations (one double occupancy room and room tax only) for promotional appearance, as determined by Sponsor. (ARV: $1,500). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: maximum $35,500. No portion of the Grand Prize may be transferred, assigned or bequeathed. For purposes of this promotion, “net sales” means sales from orders that include the winner’s specialty pizza. Sponsor and its franchisees shall have discretion to establish the pricing of the Winner’s specialty pizza. Sponsor’s determination of net sales and the Slice of the Sales shall be conclusive and final. Sponsor may in its sole discretion, but shall not be obligated to, promote or invest in the marketing of the Winner’s specialty pizza through any of its marketing channels during the time period that the Winner’s specialty pizza is an offered item. Sponsor reserves the right to change or alter the name originally submitted.
THREE (3) FINALIST PRIZES: (1) Round-trip coach air transportation to Louisville, Kentucky, on a date between July 5 and July 31, from a major commercial airport, in the United States, near the winner’s primary residence, and up to two (2) nights tourist class hotel accommodations (one double occupancy room and room tax only), for promotional appearance, as determined by Sponsor. (ARV: $1,500); and (2) $1,000 in cash (ARV: $1,000). Finalist must be available on the date selected. If finalist is not available, an alternate winner will be selected in his/her place. (ARV: approximately $2,500 each Finalist Prize; Total ARV: $7,500).
TEN (10) SEMI-FINALIST PRIZES: Papa John’s Pizza for a year. Pizza will be awarded as a $480 Papa John’s Gift Card. (ARV: $480 each Semi-Finalist Prize; Total ARV: $4,800).
Regardless of prize won, prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cash redemption will be permitted except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Gift Card must be used in compliance with its terms and conditions. Sponsor is not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with Gift Cards. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs, expenses or fees associated with prize acceptance and/or use not specified herein as being provided. More specifically, should any Prize involve travel, all hotel accommodations, meals, alcoholic beverages, snacks, souvenirs, personal services, insurance, gratuities, etc. are solely each Winner’s expense, unless specifically included in the prize. Additionally, a Semi-Finalist Winner who is unable to attend the Challenge finals will not be eligible for any prize and will not be allowed to compete, and an alternate Semi-Finalist Winner will be selected. Sponsor has no responsibility for lost, stolen, misplaced or mutilated tickets and/or travel documents, baggage, flight delays, or any other occurrences beyond its control. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, but is not obligated to promote the Grand Prize Winner’s specialty pizza. Limit: One (1) prize per person or household per prize level.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Challenge or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Challenge, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Challenge or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Challenge; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Challenge-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Challenge or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Louisville Division, or the appropriate Kentucky State Court located in Jefferson County, Kentucky; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kentucky without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kentucky or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kentucky.
14. Winner List: Winner List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above) and no later than September 14, 2010. For Winners’ Lists, visit the promotion website at www.facebook.com/papajohns
Papa’s Specialty Pizza Challenge
1. ABBREVIATED RULES for TV and Radio
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.), 18 AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Challenge ends 6/14/10. For Official Rules and complete details, visit http://www.facebook.com/papajohns
. Sponsor: Papa John's International Inc.
2. ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.), 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Challenge ends 6/14/10. For Official Rules and prize descriptions, visit http://www.facebook.com/papajohns
. Sponsor: Papa John's International Inc., 2002 Papa John's Blvd, Louisville, KY 40299.
3. Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Challenge ends 6/14/10. To enter and for Official Rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/papajohns
4. Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 18 years or older. Challenge ends 6/14/10. To enter and for Official Rules, including prize descriptions, visit http://www.facebook.com/papajohns
. Void where prohibited.
5. Abbreviated Rules for Facebook Application
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S./D.C., 18 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID IN P.R. AND WHERE PROHIBITED. Starts 4/26/10 at 12:01 A.M., ET; ends 6/14/10 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. Click for Official Rules, including entry instructions, judging criteria, prizes, restrictions, etc. Sponsor: Papa John's International Inc., 2002 Papa John's Blvd, Louisville, KY 40299.