Author Topic: 1 day, 3 pizzas in Seattle!!!  (Read 964 times)

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
1 day, 3 pizzas in Seattle!!!
« on: April 29, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »
Just returned from the trip of a pizza lovers lifetime.  At 11am, we went to Tutta Bella and I got to taste my very first neapolitan pizza baked in a wood fired oven.  My buddy and I loved the pizzas, I was amazed at how thin the crust, but thought it was a bit limp.  An hour later we enjoyed two more pizzas at the Via Tribunali, again we loved the pizzas, and even though they were just as thin, they were much dryer and crisper with a bit more flavor.
We saved Serious Pie for our evening meal.  Upon walking in the door, the smell of rosemary hits your nose, and the sight of people waiting in line to eat pizza in a small pizzeria is rather exciting.  I know there has been some discussion about the crust at Serious Pie and so I wanted to add my comments.  We ordered 3 different pizzas so that we could share and taste.  The first was pizza with cherry bomb peppers and sweet fennel sausage.  The second one had salami and carmelized onions.  The third one had yellowfoot mushrooms with truffle cheese.  The pizza with the fennel sausage and peppers was simply one of the best meals I've ever eaten.  The crust is crisp, brown and soft in the middle...the sauce was simply the best tasting tomatoes I've eaten, and the sausage was good.  It isn't until you taste the other pizzas (which are not as bold), that you realize that you can taste the sweetness of the honey in the crust.
I was excited and thoroughly enjoyed Tutta Bella and Via Tribunali, but I was totally blown away with Serious Pie!!!

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: 1 day, 3 pizzas in Seattle!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:39:43 PM »
Wow those are some delicious looking pizzas.  Thanks for the review!

pizzapan