Author Topic: recipe for Regina's style pizza?  (Read 1684 times)

pizzacraver

recipe for Regina's style pizza?
« on: March 21, 2005, 12:39:52 AM »
Just read a post about Regina's(boston) and it made me wonder if anyone here has a recipe for pizza like that to make at home? I am new to this place and to making pizza? Am i better off leaving this to you pros or can anyone try this at home?

Also,  to make it less threatening are there any places north of boston who make premade dough that anyone here would recommend?
Thanks! This site is a great discovery!

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: recipe for Regina's style pizza?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 05:47:51 AM »
I have a great hookup for you.  Call Paul at Romano's wholesale pizza dough.  He is one of the nicest people I have ever met.  I had an emergincy dough crisis (I hope no one else has ever had one of these)

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: recipe for Regina's style pizza?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 06:29:26 AM »
Sorry everyone, I posted that message by accident before I was done.

Anyhow,  my work is always crazy just before Christmas.   I am always scrambling to finish whatever record I am recording before the whole music industry shuts down for a month.  This year I ended up working right up until the day of my annual night before Christmas pizza party for my wife's family.  Nobody eats all day waiting for my pizza's, and I had no time to make the dough. 

Paul Romano INSISTED on giving me 16 large pizza dough's for free, and I had never met him before.  His dough was top notch, and is easy to work with.  I visited his pizzaria a few weeks later, and he uses Grande cheese, which he would probably be happy to sell you as well. If you really want some killer cheese take a trek into the North End and get some from a store called Fresh Cheese.  Sorrento mozzarella is amazing as well, and you can probably find it in your grocery store.

Romano's Wholesale Pizza Dough 978 794 7499.

If you just want a dough or two stop by one of his pizzarias.

Buying your dough is probably a great way to get into the home pizza thing,  Do some reading on this forum, and you will be making pizza's better than you can buy anywhere around here.