Author Topic: Video - How I make sauce  (Read 7095 times)

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
Re: Video - How I make sauce
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 11:48:44 PM »
Thanks Bill,

TomN

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 07:49:31 PM »
Bill,

Have you ever used a good Red Wine instead of Red Wine vinegar when you make pizza sauce? Just curious since many people add wine to their spaghetti sauce. I was wondering if it would make a difference? Thanks.

TomN

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 07:56:31 PM »
Bill,

Have you ever used a good Red Wine instead of Red Wine vinegar when you make pizza sauce? Just curious since many people add wine to their spaghetti sauce. I was wondering if it would make a difference? Thanks.

TomN

I don't think so, Tom. The purpose of the vinegar is to add a bit of acidity if needed - just enough to contrast a bit with the cheese and crust.   

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 12:52:14 AM »
Hi Bill,

I tried your pizza sauce recipe tonight. I followed your video as I used a can of CENTO SM tomatoes. However, instead of crushing them by hand, I used my blender on low and just pressed the power button for a few seconds, each time I added an ingredient.  I did follow your advice and removed some of the seeds and the water from the tomatoes by hand. Overall, I liked the sauce. I will switch back and forth between just SM tomatoes and salt and your recipe. I like pizza sauce from SM tomatoes,  both ways.  I now, understand your point about the red wine vinegar. Having made the recipe, it makes very good sense to do it this way. It does make a difference in the taste.

Tonight, I made a cheese pizza so that I could really taste the flavor of the sauce without any other toppings. Again, it was very good. Thanks again for the work you put into the video.

TomN
PS
I will try hand crushing them next time around.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:54:09 AM by TomN »