I'm glad you posted up along with the pic. I experimented with Caputo yesterday as well with high hopes only to be deflated. I was defeated.
Felt sorry for myself for about 5 minutes thinking how much I sucked at making pizzas. Then picked myself back up, came up with a new plan and formula and made dough again. Such is life....
Here's what I did. I made 2 batches using my usual formula, totally neglecting the fact that i was working with a lower protein flour. I had read that a member was working with 68% hydration and using caputo, so I didn't think much of making a 67% hydration ratio. Boy was I wrong!
I made 2 doughballs, 1 with 100% caputo, 20% starter, and 67% hydration and 2nd had 2/3 caputo and 1/3 HG flour. They bulk rised for about 3 hours then went into the fridge for about a day. I originally planned for 2 days but got impatient.
When mixing it up, I noted that at 67% hydration rate, the dough took up all the flour I had to offer and was still a bit sticky unlike my usual NY doughs. That should have been a big red flag, but i proceeded giving it my usual hand kneading routine. All went well till after I proofed at room temps for 3 hours. Doughballs looked normal and poofy. I went to get the first one out of the bowl and it didn't want to come out like my usual balls. It was so wet it stuck to the bowl and had to be wrestled out instead of a gentle coaxing.
Went to stretch the 100% caputo ball and the dang thing was so pliable and flaccid. Could barely get out a round shaped without it going too thin. Then flopped it on the peel and dressed it. Within less than a min, gave the peel a shimmy and the damn dough STUCK. Hadn't had this happened since I started making pies 6 months ago. So I had to use my old trick of putting a plastic floppy cutting board over the pie and inverting it to unstick, reflour peel, and re invert, then quickly into oven. SAVED!!
Bake was at 750 stone temp and bottom was charring in less than 1 min, so I rimmed it against the broiler and got some light browning. No leoparding though.
Onto 2nd pie, 2/3 caputo 1/3 HG flour. Was a lot easier to get out of the bowl, stretch, and work with. This one didn't stick to the peel. Bake went fine.
So I was really expecting (hoping really) for some leoparding but none showed up. I think I need to cold ferment longer. Both pies tasted pretty good but like PH said, they were more like a NY style rather than a neopolitan style.
PH, I believe that our extensibility issue with the dough lies under gluten development. The fact that it's a low protein flour and would suggest that it requires more kneading than we are use to when working with higher protein flours. I believe this is how the pros are able to build the pies on the counter and drag them onto the peel. Without proper gluten develop forget it.
Also with proper gluten development (from kneading) a higher hydration ratio may not be an issue but for now I am repeating the test with a 60% hydration.
Overall I thought the caputo did lend a slightly better pizza flavor (whatever that is) to the dough, but I was somewhat disappointed with the texture and flavor. My issues with underkneading the dough, and not baking it accordingly may have made all the difference in my results and final opinion of the flour. I will reserve my opinions until I do much more testing with the flour.