Author Topic: Need some help guys!  (Read 698 times)

Offline B_Pizza

Need some help guys!
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:02:58 PM »
Hey guys, as you can se I'm new here. I found this forum in search for an answer to a HUGE problem I have, and I hope someone here can help. Here goes:

I have been using the same dough recipe for 15 years, and never had a problem.  I went from using an old school Blodget oven, to using a QMatic conveyer....no problem.  I just got a couple Lincoln Impringer conveyor ovens, and my results were dreadful.  The crust on the bottom is good, but on the top it's coming out with very little color and rock hard.  I use a basic water, oil, salt, sugar and yeast recipe.  Any ideas on what to add to make the crust crispy but "bready" on the inside and get the color back?  Should I be adding milk, eggs, anything? 

Any help/advice is much appreciated.

;D

Offline B_Pizza

Re: Need some help guys!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:21:53 PM »
By the way, this is pan pizza.  Not deep dish, the "greek" style pizza, in the shallow pan.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »
B_Pizza,

Are the Lincoln impingement conveyor ovens new or used?

Peter

Offline B_Pizza

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »
used... I think it has to do with the fact  that these ovens blow hot air, where as the others didn't.   Also there are 4 burners, and you can regulate each one by covering the holes that the air comes out of.  They can be either FULL (no holes covered), HALF (half the strip is covered) and NONE (No holes covered)... (keep in mind this is my terminology.  The original configuration (Going from where the piza goes in to where it comes out)  was FULL-FULL-NONE-FULL.  This way, it was burning the cheese, and the crust was cooked, but white.  Now it's configured FULL-NONE-NONE-FULL, and the cheese is a a bit better, but the crust is still the same.  Tomorrow morning I'm gonna switch to- NONE-NONE-FULL-HALF, hopefully that'll help.... I've been in business for 20 years, so I'm not really trying to change the cheese. I use a 3 blended cheese 50% Cheddar 25% Mozzarella 25% Monterey Jack.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:32:32 PM »
B_Pizza,

I asked the question about the ovens because it often happens that the new owners make a different type or style of pizza than the previous owners. To make the new style, there may be a need to reconfigure the finger settings. Have you checked with the Lincoln people to see if they can help you with the proper finger configuration?

I am not an oven expert so pending any further responses from members of this forum I suggest that you register and post your questions at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. That is a forum where professionals visit. There aren't many members there who make the Greek style pizza but there are some who make other types of pan pizzas and may be able to help you.

Peter

pizzapan