Author Topic: Drive-In Theatre Pizza  (Read 10871 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Drive-In Theatre Pizza
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2010, 09:32:57 AM »
Mad_Ernie,

Yes, this was a special treat for Steve and me.  This forum is wonderful, in more ways than making pizza.  ;D I sure didnít expect to see crazybob and his wife yesterday. 

They do have a lot of experience in making food and being in a business.

I hope to be able to go to their drive-in someday.  They also gave me free passes, to visit their drive-in.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline crazybob

• Mom & Pop
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
Norma, it was wonderful to meet you & Steve, yesterday, at the Root's Country Market. You make the best pizza I have ever eaten! I took this phot of you, as I was  drooling over your beautiful pizza. My wife vhad pepperoni, & I had the sausage. Thanks for all of your pizza making help, & look forward to more. Bob

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2010, 12:19:02 PM »

crazybob,

It was also wonderful meeting you and your wife.  ;D Steve also enjoyed meeting both of you.  Thanks for saying we made the best pizza.  I learned too, on this forum how to make pizza, so if I can ever help someone else, with the limited knowledge, I do know, I would be glad to help anyone.  If it wasnít for this forum I wouldnít know anything about pizza. 

I enjoyed talking about your drive-in and all the knowledge you have about being a projectionist and running a business such as yours.  I also really enjoyed your wife, as Steve did and learning about her being a drummer.  I love any kind of music and always have some kind of music playing. 

Best of Success,

Norma

Offline crazybob

• Mom & Pop
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »
Here's one I made the other night at the drive-in. I forgot to rotate it, but it was good. crazybob.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2010, 12:16:54 PM »
Here's one I made the other night at the drive-in. I forgot to rotate it, but it was good. crazybob.

crazybob,

Your pizza looks great!  :) Keep up the good work and let us all know how your drive-in theatre and pizzas are going. 

Happy Pizza Making,

Norma

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »
I finally got around to reading this thread today.  Wow!  CrazyBob, I hope you make a million.  I enjoyed your story very much.  It sounds like it would make a pretty decent cult movie.  I'll low ball you right now and offer you 100 kazolas for your story and movie rights.  Now if only I could get Peter to draw up a contract....  Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
And Norma...  You are a sweetheart and a hoot.  I don't know why but each time I've run into someone from Pennsylvania, they are almost always nice and helpful.  I dig your once a week setup.  It sure beats the heck out of extreme heat, wind and rain.  Man, I hate humidity.

I hope this thread keeps going.  It's a nice peek into how nice life can be when folks treat each other decently. 

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2010, 12:38:51 PM »
PizzaPolice,

Crazybob is such a great guy.  So is his wife Darlene.  I also hope they make lots of money with their drive-in theatre and their new adventure in making pizza this year.  When Steve and I first got to meet them last week we both instantly like them.  They are such a nice couple.  Since drive-in theatres are becoming a thing of the past, it was really good to hear and see pictures of crazybobís drive-in theatre.

Thanks for your kind words about me.  My little pizza stand isnít air-conditioned and I work in very hot and humid conditions in the summertime.  I am used to it though from working at market for many years. 

I also hope this thread keeps going, because I enjoy hearing about crazybobís drive-in theatre.

Norma

Offline crazybob

• Mom & Pop
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:45 AM »
Thanks, everyone! We had a great season.  We added an auxiliary, outdoor cafe to handle the crowds on weekends. It's just a tent from Sam's Club.

We are looking forward to the spring. crazybob.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
Thanks, everyone! We had a great season.  We added an auxiliary, outdoor cafe to handle the crowds on weekends. It's just a tent from Sam's Club.

We are looking forward to the spring. crazybob.

crazybob,

Great to hear you had a good season.   :)  Looking forward to hearing of your adventures in the spring.   ;D

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2010, 09:52:26 AM »

crazybobís wife recorded this at home.  crazybob started being an early morning DJ this year after a 6 year absence.  He has many talents in addition to making pizza.   ;D

crazy bob said, ďMy first day back at WVLT, after almost 6 & half years. I'm just doing this morning show for the winter months, then back to the Moon Drive-In for the Summer.Ē crazybob said in the captions for this video, ďIt was my 1st day back on the radio, after a 6 year absence. I was very nervous & rusty!Ē

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BA2P6GmooQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BA2P6GmooQ</a>

If anyone is interested in listening to crazybob other talents of being a DJ, this is the radio station he is broadcasting from, early in the morning- 4:00-6:00 am.  http://www.wvlt.com/listenlive.html

My hat is off to crazybob for all of his talents.  :chef:

Norma

Offline crazybob

• Mom & Pop
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2011, 01:28:17 AM »
It finally happened! ..Someone ordered a pizza with every topping we had!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »
It finally happened! ..Someone ordered a pizza with every topping we had!

crazybob,

Thanks for posting about someone trying one of your pizzas with everything..lol, I wonder how that would have tasted.  :-D At least your dough held up to all those toppings.  Your crust looks great!  :) Good to hear from you!

Norma

Offline crazybob

• Mom & Pop
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »
Hi, Norma & the Gang! It's a 14" crust made from our 17 oz. dough ball. We're doing great & will stay open until November (on FRI-SAT.) Our big seller is a large pizza, bucket of 20 wings, & a cold 2 liter bottle of soda for 19.99. We now hand cut our own fries & fry them in peanut oil. We have posted allergy warnings.  I hope you all come pay us a visit! Thanks Crazy Bob.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2011, 05:58:57 PM »
Hi, Norma & the Gang! It's a 14" crust made from our 17 oz. dough ball. We're doing great & will stay open until November (on FRI-SAT.) Our big seller is a large pizza, bucket of 20 wings, & a cold 2 liter bottle of soda for 19.99. We now hand cut our own fries & fry them in peanut oil. We have posted allergy warnings.  I hope you all come pay us a visit! Thanks Crazy Bob.

crazybob,

Glad to hear you doing great.  :)  Hope to get to visit your drive-in and try your pizza someday!

Norma

Offline crazybob

• Mom & Pop
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
We're now selling a small pizza with a frisbee with our logo on it! 5.99.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »
CrazyBob good to hear from you again.  There looks to be a huge difference in the "doneness" on this pepperoni pizza and the one with all the toppings that you posted above.  Is it the same dough or different cooks?  I wish you continued success at the drive-in!
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline petef

« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »
Bob, I see you are from PA and NJ, but what's the name of your Drive In and where is it located?
---pete---

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2011, 09:35:33 PM »
pete,

Crazy Bob once said in a post that the drive-in was called the Moon Drive-in. I believe that this is his website: http://moondrive-in.com/.

Peter

pizzapan