Author Topic: Pizza Hut  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Colonel

• I Love Pizza!
Pizza Hut
« on: March 24, 2005, 05:34:35 PM »
Do the local Pizza Hut Stores make their own dough? 

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re: Pizza Hut
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 06:00:17 PM »
papa jhons is the only nation wide pizza place that uses an overnight rise in the cooler using high gluten flour and water filitered by osmosis.  The first rise happens in the delivary truck.  They also use the best tomatoes around.  Pizza hut i think uses baking powder and soda now in some of their products.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 10:26:09 PM by Randy »

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Ordering From Pizza Hut in 2025
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 08:03:20 PM »
This is so close to what is probably going to be happening in 2025 that I'm not sure how funny this really is...

Operator: Thank you for calling Pizza Hut.  May I have your national ID number?

Customer: Hi, I'd like to place an order.

Operator: I must have your NIDN first, sir.

Customer: My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610.

Operator: Thank you Mr. Sheehan.  I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number is 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number is 266-2566.  Email address is [ mailto:sheehan@home.net ]sheehan@home.net. Which number are you calling from sir?

Customer: Huh? I'm at home.  Where'd you get all this information?

Operator: We're wired into the HSS, sir.

Customer: The HSS, what is that?

Operator: We're wired into the Homeland Security System, sir. This will add only 15 seconds to your ordering time.

Customer: (sighs) Oh well,  I'd like to order a couple of your All Meat Special pizzas.

Operator: I don't think that's a good idea, sir.

Customer: Whaddya mean?

Operator: Sir, your medical records and commode sensors indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice .

Customer: What?!?! What do you recommend, then?

Operator: You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll  like it.

Customer: What makes you think I'd like something like that?

Operator: Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir.  That's why I made the suggestion.

Customer: All right, all right.  Give me two family-sized ones, then

Operator: That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids. Your 2 dogs can finish the crusts, sir. Your total is $49.99.

Customer: Lemme give you my credit card number.

Operator: I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit.

Customer: I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here.

Operator: That won't work either, sir. Your checking account is overdrawn also.

Customer: Never mind! Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?

Operator: We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45  minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick'em while you're out getting the cash, but then, carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward.

Customer: Wait! How do you know I ride a scooter?

Operator: It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid for and you just filled the tank yesterday.

Customer: Well, I'll be a #%#^^&$%^$@#

Operator: I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 4, 2003, conviction for cussing out a cop and another one I see here in September for contempt at your hearing for cussing at a judge. Oh yes, I see here that you just got out from a 90 day stay in the State Correctional Facility. Is this your first pizza since your return to
society?

Customer: (speechless)

Operator: Will there be anything else, sir?

Customer: Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liter of Coke.

Operator: I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics. The New Constitution prohibits this. Thank you for calling Pizza Hut.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline pizzabill

• Pizza Maker's journal
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 07:54:18 AM »
Do the local Pizza Hut Stores make their own dough? 

Colonel,

When I worked there about 10 years ago, we mixed our own dough every morning. The dough was made for same day use. It came in small sacks of "dough mix" and we only added water of a specific temp. The pan dough was balled, rolled then placed into the oiled pan and allowed to rise in a proofer. Once they had risen, they were sauce and cheesed then placed in the cooler for use later in the day. We would prep hundreds of pizzas each morning this way - it took about 2 hours.

Hand tossed dough was not proofed, just balled, rolled then stretched onto pans and placed in the cooler. Same with neapolitan and stuffed crust.

Thin dough was simply placed in a large garbage bag right out of the mixer then stored in a dough bin. When a thin was ordered, we would take a handful out, roll it twice and stretch it over the cutter pan. Sometimes this dough would last overnight.

None of the dough we made was kept for more than one day. The last thing the cooks did each night was throw away all of the unused dough that was in the coolers.

Hope this helps.

-PizzaBill
Pizza Maker's Journal -
http://www.PizzaManiac.com/

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 08:04:32 AM »
Pizza Hut ranks about 0 in my book... :-X

Edit:  I misspoke, Little Ceasars is worse by far..........
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 08:06:35 AM by Nathan »
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Ordering From Pizza Hut in 2025
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 09:10:32 AM »
This is so close to what is probably going to be happening in 2025 that I'm not sure how funny this really is...

Operator: Thank you for calling Pizza Hut.  May I have your national ID number?

Customer: Hi, I'd like to place an order.

Operator: I must have your NIDN first, sir.

Customer: My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's 6102049998-45-54610.

Operator: Thank you Mr. Sheehan.  I see you live at 1742 Meadowland Drive, and the phone number is 494-2366. Your office number over at Lincoln Insurance is 745-2302 and your cell number is 266-2566.  Email address is [ mailto:sheehan@home.net ]sheehan@home.net. Which number are you calling from sir?

Customer: Huh? I'm at home.  Where'd you get all this information?

Operator: We're wired into the HSS, sir.

Customer: The HSS, what is that?

Operator: We're wired into the Homeland Security System, sir. This will add only 15 seconds to your ordering time.

Customer: (sighs) Oh well,  I'd like to order a couple of your All Meat Special pizzas.

Operator: I don't think that's a good idea, sir.

Customer: Whaddya mean?

Operator: Sir, your medical records and commode sensors indicate that you've got very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy choice .

Customer: What?!?! What do you recommend, then?

Operator: You might try our low-fat Soybean Pizza. I'm sure you'll  like it.

Customer: What makes you think I'd like something like that?

Operator: Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes' from your local library last week, sir.  That's why I made the suggestion.

Customer: All right, all right.  Give me two family-sized ones, then

Operator: That should be plenty for you, your wife and your four kids. Your 2 dogs can finish the crusts, sir. Your total is $49.99.

Customer: Lemme give you my credit card number.

Operator: I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash. Your credit card balance is over its limit.

Customer: I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your driver gets here.

Operator: That won't work either, sir. Your checking account is overdrawn also.

Customer: Never mind! Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash ready. How long will it take?

Operator: We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45  minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick'em while you're out getting the cash, but then, carrying pizzas on a motorcycle can be a little awkward.

Customer: Wait! How do you know I ride a scooter?

Operator: It says here you're in arrears on your car payments, so your car got repo'ed. But your Harley's paid for and you just filled the tank yesterday.

Customer: Well, I'll be a #%#^^&$%^$@#

Operator: I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already got a July 4, 2003, conviction for cussing out a cop and another one I see here in September for contempt at your hearing for cussing at a judge. Oh yes, I see here that you just got out from a 90 day stay in the State Correctional Facility. Is this your first pizza since your return to
society?

Customer: (speechless)

Operator: Will there be anything else, sir?

Customer: Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liter of Coke.

Operator: I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents us from offering free soda to diabetics. The New Constitution prohibits this. Thank you for calling Pizza Hut.

;D ;D ;D

aclu pizza... ;D
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

pizzapan