Author Topic: Alexa Pizza Website Rankings  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Alexa Pizza Website Rankings
« on: May 18, 2010, 06:33:17 PM »
I saw a link to a promotional piece by PMQ Magazine, at http://www.pmq.com/busiestwebsite.php, in which PMQ reported that it has the Highest Ranked Website in Pizza Industry. The ranking is based in part on an Alexa.com rating that the PMQ website is the "246,648th busiest website" on the Internet.

Out of curiosity, I looked at the Alexa.com traffic ranking for pizzamaking.com. It is 242,285 (http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/pizzamaking.com#). Of course, the numbers can change over time, but right now it looks like our forum is more popular among Internet visitors than the PMQ website. I assume that means all of the PMQ website, not just the PMQ Think Tank forum. Our forum is also more popular in terms of viewer rankings than the Pizza Today website.

I also used the "Wayback Machine" archive feature at the Alexa.com website to look at the forum makeup in August 26, 2004, shortly after I joined the forum. At about that time, there were 142 members on the forum, 497 Total Topics, and 4520 Total Posts. Today's numbers as I enter this post are 97929 Total Posts in 9924 Total Topics by 10403 Members.

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Alexa Pizza Website Rankings
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:53 AM »
Cool!  :chef:
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline xsosx

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
PizzaMaking.com is currently #8 in the pizza category on Xmarks.

http://www.xmarks.com/topic/pizza

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 05:43:12 PM »
When I typed into Google, "best site for pizza making" with out the quotes, this forum always comes up first.  This is how I found this forum.  How does Google let you find this site first?  Just am curious to know how this works.  ::)

I am happy I found this forum with all the great people here and all their ideas.

Thank you Google and pizzamaking.com.  ;D

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:21:49 AM »
Norma, I love your avatar!  :)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
Norma, I love your avatar!  :)

Steve,

Thanks for saying you love my avatar.  :)  I also love pizzamaking.com.  There are so many ideas on your forum and so many members willing to help.

I am studying on how to make a blog rate higher when you search Goggle.  I think I have found some interesting ideas.  ::)  Great to see your pizzamaking.com is so successful.  ;D

Thanks for your forum,

Norma
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:57:59 AM by norma427 »
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 03:13:23 PM »
Yes thank you!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »
I don't often go over to the Pizza Today Bulletin Board/Forum, but today I did just to see if there was anything there of interest to me and to our members. I used a search feature that allows one to summon up the topics over a given period. I asked to see the new topics posted over a 100-day period. I thought something was wrong with my request when I saw that there were only 19 new topics, but when I re-entered my request the same list came up. Interestingly, one of the posts, by a Moderator (Chef Jeff), on July 30, 2009, was telling of the problems that Pizza Today has been having attracting posters:

What's happened to all the activity on this site. I'm not much of a drinker (alcohol)...once in a while, but coming to the bulletin boards was like my drink at the end of the night for relaxation and to see what's going on with my fellow operators out in the world.
WHAT'S HAPPENED??? Where is everybody?
I'll admit when the site had a change, I couldn't find the BB for a while. They moved it under forum and then added it back to News and Views also.
Did that confuse folks and send them away?
What do you think? Have all the questions been answered?
Chef Jeff

Looks like we are doing something right.

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »
 :)

pizzapan