Author Topic: Success At Home  (Read 6014 times)

buceriasdon

Re: Success At Home
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 07:04:14 PM »
savor, Nice looking and I'm sure great tasting pies, and really that's what counts.  :) I found the easiest way to make sure my image size would pass muster here is to change my camera settings to the next smaller size. Once again, they look yummy! God, I would love to get some bitter greens here.
Don

You're welcome, and thanks!. I also had the same perspective when i started, but I found this sweet spot after a few "lessons" with KABF that has been getting me consistent results every time with my home set-up. I posted some picks under the same post... I was having problems getting my attachments down to 128kB. It would be great if the forum platform could auto-optimize the attachments :)

Best,
Savor

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »
I noticed the high amount of oil in your dough and the low hydration. Is there a specific reason why you use 7.3% of oil? Doesn't it make the crust too soft?

I'm asking because that's exactly what I noticed in my own doughs when I go above the 2.5% range.

Mike,

savor can correct me on this, but he has been using a 16" version of one or more of my 14" versions of the Papa John's clone pizzas. All of my PJ clone doughs have used 7.2-7.3% oil (soybean oil). The PJ clone doughs also call for more sugar than most doughs, around 4+%. The combination of a lot of oil and a lot of sugar will yield a tender crust and crumb (the oil keeps the moisture in the dough from evaporating too quickly and the sugar, because of its hygroscopic nature, helps retain the moisture in the dough).

Peter

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 06:39:43 AM »
That pizza looks perfect.

Can you share your sauce recipe?

Offline eric22

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 04:10:27 AM »
 ;)  good job.   

i didnt understand the need to rise it at 100deg before fridging it.

Offline kramer73

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 05:08:11 PM »
Your pizza looks great!  So great, that I used your recipe the other day. 

Here are some pics:

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »
Great looking pies. I think Pete's PJ's clones are one of the easiest pies to learn. From my first PJ's clone to the last one I made, they are always great. I have upped the hydration a bit. I have been using Pete's as a starting base, and going on from there to make a pie that I think is my best from what I have to use. I do mine on a stone, and I also use Pete's 2 day rest. Congrats on your great results, and thanks to Pete for all of his hard work and sharing.

pizzapan