Author Topic: Pizza tour of Rome and Italy I really wish I could go!!!!!!  (Read 1411 times)

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
One of the nicest and most talented italian pizzaiolo living in the US is giving this food tour of rome and Naples.   I don't know why he didn't post it on our forum because he is a member, but when I got this email I knew plenty of people from pizzamaking would be very interested. 

Ciao Pittsburgh
PIZZA LOVERS TOUR

8 NIGHTS/9 DAYS                                                                                    SEPTEMBER 15-24, 2010

Savor true Neapolitan and Roman pizza with the acclaimed Neapolitan pizzaiolo, Roberto Caporuscio, of New York’ s KESTÉ PIZZERIA AND VINO.  Join Roberto and Italian wine and food authorities Michele and Charles Scicolone, authors of Pizza Any Way You Slice It, for a unique culinary tour. Our small group will meet at the Rome Airport.  From there we will travel to the beachside town of Sperlonga, between Naples and Rome.  With Roberto as our guide, we will spend 4 days visiting some of his favorite sites, plus mozzarella producers, gelato makers, bakeries, wineries and pizzerias.  In between, we will stop at a chocolate museum and some of the area’s top restaurants.  There also will be time to relax at the seaside.  Get your hands in the dough in the kitchen as Roberto guides us step by step on how to make our own classic Neapolitan pizza.  Michele will join with a local chef to do a cooking demonstration while Charles shares tips on the wines of         the region and his favorite wines for pizza.  Next we head to Naples where we will visit a flour mill and tour the city’s renowned pizzerias including Starita a Materdei, made famous in the film L’Oro di Napoli with Sophia Loren.  We will stop at some of the city’s top pastry shops and sample sfogliatelle, both ricce e frolla.  Does Naples really have the best espresso coffee?  Decide for yourself at Gambrinus Caffe near the Opera House. Our last stop is Rome where we will have a chance to compare the Roman pizza tradition to that of Naples.  Michele and Charles will lead you on a walking tour of coffee stops, bakeries, and gelaterias and we will enjoy a final dinner of    classic Roman dishes at one of the city’s top trattorias.  This is an insider’s look at the pizza, food, and wine of these regions that you will not want to miss.  This tour is limited to 16 people.  The itinerary may be changed slightly according to circumstances.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!

Offline Davydd

Re: Pizza tour of Rome and Italy I really wish I could go!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
I won't be on this tour but will be in Rome and Naples in October.  :)
Davydd

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
Re: Pizza tour of Rome and Italy I really wish I could go!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 02:00:45 AM »
Oww.  Since I've never been it sounds like the dream to me,  but it just cant be justified at this point in time.  I so wish it were more inexpensive,  but I know that it can not be.  so it goes...