Author Topic: What's the world coming to  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Bob1

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Re: What's the world coming to
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 06:44:50 PM »
That's government overkill.

I agree with some of the commenters on CNN. They should stay out of the family business.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

scott123

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:21:12 PM »
I would sincerely hope that child labor laws make some sort of exception for family businesses.

That being said, Friday and Saturday nights are going to be a pizzeria's busiest time. With that much going on, adult supervision could easily fall by the wayside. If that were to happen, then I definitely don't think an 8 year old in a hectic, unsupervised environment where beer and wine are being consumed is a good idea.

I'm all for passing the torch to future generations, but couldn't the kids learn just as much on a less busy night?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:19:27 PM by scott123 »

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 01:05:29 PM »
13 years old is old enough IMO, to be working.  What if you had a family farm... you can't let junior harvest vegetables?
Patrick

Offline PizzaFoodie

• PizzaFoodie.com
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 02:59:04 AM »
WHAT? A Dad is making his kids WORK!? Are you serious?! They will be MUCH better served if they are at home on the Xbox, Wii, & PS3. I mean, who does this guy think he is?? By teaching them this type of work ethic, it will lead to much future success -- and that makes it unfair for all the other kids who are drowning in technological nothingness because their parents expect nothing of them!
 ???