Author Topic: Sourcing a Wood Fired Oven?  (Read 465 times)

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Sourcing a Wood Fired Oven?
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:19:12 PM »
I've been running a mobile WFO business for a few years. Bought it off a guy getting out of the business for the right price. I literally did no research, just hopped on an opportunity when it presented itself, and it served it's purpose well enough.

Now I'm thinking about a brick-and-mortar shop, but sourcing a decent Neapolitan-style WFO isn't real intuitive for me. I'm cooking at about 800-900, and would like to get an oven capable of the same, that could hold maybe 4-12 inch pizzas at a time, but am having trouble seeing the best way to move forward. What are some options and prices that you all see as a good path for a solid oven? If I wanted to keep it cheap without sacrificing quality, what are some things to check out/keep in mind? How would I find a local mason if I wanted to look into a locally built option?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm just not seeing the best path moving forward.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Sourcing a Wood Fired Oven?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
If I was you, I'd talk to John about it (JConk007) and Antoine (Breadstoneovens).

How bad would it suck to go cheap on the oven only to figure out it's not what you want? I wouldn't even consider having a local builder do it unless he could show you an oven he built, of they exact type and scale you want, in commercial operation.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline weemis

• My Pizza Web Blog
Re: Sourcing a Wood Fired Oven?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
If I was you, I'd talk to John about it (JConk007) and Antoine (Breadstoneovens).

How bad would it suck to go cheap on the oven only to figure out it's not what you want? I wouldn't even consider having a local builder do it unless he could show you an oven he built, of they exact type and scale you want, in commercial operation.

Thanks, Craig. PMs sent.
Nick Gore - just a dough eyed wanderer

pizzapan