Author Topic: Wood Burning pizza oven  (Read 91653 times)

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Wood Burning pizza oven
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2006, 11:31:58 AM »
One of the fans we deal with is the Exhausto brand.  www.us.exhausto.com  The RS-009 should be good and it does have a speed control.

http://us.exhausto.com/files/pdf/ProductInformation/3932001.pdf

This fan mounts on top of the stack.
-JP-

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2006, 12:33:15 PM »
JP,

Thanks. I notice the temperature rating is 575F intermittent and 482F constant. I suspect I'm already operating at higher temps and this fan could make them even higher. Maybe this isn't such a good idea. Ain't broke - don't fix.

Bill/SFNM

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2006, 09:29:14 PM »
I think when we did UL testing the duct temps were about 225-300F.  This was done with firing the oven at an abnormal high temperature.  They did do it with and without the fan. I can look up the report. They had about 100 probes all over the oven, the exterior of the oven, vent shafts and the exhaust hood (for commercial use). Of course the fan will be at the end of the stack so the air will cool down by the time it reaches the fan.  Also the hot air that comes out of the oven does mix with the cooler exterior air which will cool the exhaust off a bit.  I don't think the air temps would reach 500F in the chimney.  But your last statement is correct. :)

But when you have an oven in the house, you may need a fan just to fight off other ventilation in the same room. For example this kitchen has a strong fan over the cooktop, and when you turn that fan on and run the wood fired oven at the same time the smoke tries to go to the hood over the cooktop. I don't have a fan for the oven, but I do need to open a door to neutralize the pressure in the room
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 09:31:12 PM by JPY »
-JP-

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2006, 12:28:21 AM »
JP,

What a gorgeous oven! Big difference between between that one and mine is that I have a great deal of insulation around the chimney. I also have no guns hanging on the wall, but I would have them much closer to the oven in case of attack.  >:D

Bill/SFNM

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2006, 12:33:48 AM »
Bill,

The guns are used to kill pigs to make lardo ;D.

Peter

Offline chuckh

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2006, 11:01:02 AM »
hello, I have finally finished my backyard oven (barrel type out of fire brick) and have fired it up three times, achieving a floor temp of over 700 degrees .  I have not insulated it yet and i believe it will approach 900 when I do.  My question is about my flue on top.  I have an 6X6 clay flue, 48 inches long, just sitting on top of my dome, and I am going to fix it in place, BUT, from the posts there seems to be discussion on running a flue straight up vs running them back at an angle.  My gases coming out are over 200 degrees, would it help to insulate the flue with ceramic blanket, and cut it so it leans backward at an angle coming off the dome?" 
Thanks, Chuck