Author Topic: Terry Deane's Ah-Beetz  (Read 1170 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Terry Deane's Ah-Beetz
« on: July 02, 2010, 08:31:16 AM »
A blogger who has been traveling around the country and sampling and rating the food at many eating establishments, including pizzerias, trekked out to member Terry Deane's place, Ah-Beetz, and gave it a very nice review (http://adamcadre.ac/content/eat-road.php?loc=BC):

When I mentioned that a key stop on my road trip around the Northwest was a pizza place in Abbotsford, people tended to smirk. And I tried to temper my expectations: how good could the pizza in a Canadian farm town possibly be? But I'd read an article in which the proprietor name-checked Di Fara Pizza in Brooklyn, where I was a regular during my year in New York it's not just the best pizza but the best food I've ever tasted. So I had to give this place a try. I almost got horribly unlucky, as when Elizabeth and I arrived we were told that the place had already closed, a couple of hours early, but after I stammeringly explained that I'd driven a thousand miles to try their Di Fara tribute, they relented and made us a pizza. And it was great. The artichokes weren't sauteed the way they were at Di Fara, but otherwise in both style and quality it was absolutely in the ballpark with the pies Dom DeMarco turned out for me in 2001. The little slivers of garlic in the sauce, that perfect blend of cheeses, the freshly torn basil, the healthy drizzle of olive oil on top... I could have been standing out on Avenue J. Elizabeth isn't nearly as obsessive about pizza as I am and even she was raving about it for days afterward. If you live in Vancouver, you have to make the trek out here. Hell, even if you live in Seattle it's worth the drive. I live in San Leandro and I guarantee that every trip I take to visit Lizzie in Victoria will include a detour through Abbotsford.

Peter

brayshaw

Re: Terry Deane's Ah-Beetz
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:40:59 AM »
Thanks for that Peter.

Terry, I am glad you are getting this kind of press :D you seem to me to be very passionate about just giving people the best possible pizza you can make and there are not enough people like you!
Congratulations :pizza: :)

Paul

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »
Tdeane,  people with your kind of passion and drive inspire me.

Offline WestCountry

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »
...Yes - great job Terry. You are doing it right!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Terry,

Great to hear you are receiving great reviews.  ;D  You make delicious looking pizzas.  :chef:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 01:58:03 PM »
Thanks for the nice feedback everyone!

pizzapan