Think I got lucky tonight and didn't get hurt , but had a weird issue with microwave and thought I'd see if this has happened to anyone else.
For some reason, my starter..ordinarily so robust I can't keep it from going nuits, was being very sluggish today. Eventually I decided I needed to heat force it. So I tried a method I've read of and tried before. Boil water in microwave, then put starter/dough microwave..close door and steam from boiled water forces the dough/starter.
Tried this, no real luck. Tried again. Water didn't fully heat up, so gave it another shot..just starting to boil. So opened microwave door put starter container (Pyrex) covered with plastic wrap into microwave. Then the water pretty much exploded sending hot water everywhere, including right into my eyes/face. The water stung briefly but I don't think I got any burns. Still, scary.
So...why did this happen? Thanks