Author Topic: I've successfully frozen my pizza's  (Read 798 times)

Offline aicfuel

I've successfully frozen my pizza's
« on: July 13, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
When I buy ingredients, it's more affordable for me to buy in bulk. The ingredients I buy is too much for 2 or even 3 pizzas, so I decided to buy a freezer chest and experiment. Here's what I do now.

I make the pizza just like I would any kind, no matter if it's deep dish or thin. If it's deep dish then I use a 9in aluminum cake pan and have to bend the sides to make it fit right. then I cook the pizza half way, so instead of turning it I just take it out. Then I let it cool on the counter for about 5 minutes, then I put it into the freezer chest to cool down even more. Once it stops steaming, about 10 more minutes,  I wrap it in bakers plastic wrap, tin pan and all. Then mark what topping it is and put back in freezer.

The trick is to let the pizza thaw for an hour before putting into the oven. And wipe away the condensation in between the crust and the pan. This will prevent the crust from getting soggy and sticking.

it should go back into the oven and cooked the rest of the way. You be the judge on how much longer to cook it, but if you normally cook it for 20 minutes then it's safe to assume that it will take about 10 -15 minutes to cook a frozen pizza.

I'll take pictures next time if anyone's interested.

My large can of tomatoes made about 12 medium sized pizzas