Author Topic: Provo not alono  (Read 481 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Provo not alono
« on: January 30, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:54:21 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Fire-n-smoke

Re: Provo not alono
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:04:27 AM »
Bob, I have used this when I make carpaccio (not italian so not sure of the spelling).  Bed of arugula, filet pounded super thin, very thin slices of the cheese (I use a veggie peeler) little salt, evoo and lemon juice and it is a great meal!  So I am assuming it would be good on pizza......but then again we know what "assume" can mean   ;D
tom

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 04:40:20 PM »
Bob, I have used this when I make carpaccio (not italian so not sure of the spelling).  Bed of arugula, filet pounded super thin, very thin slices of the cheese (I use a veggie peeler) little salt, evoo and lemon juice and it is a great meal!  So I am assuming it would be good on pizza......but then again we know what "assume" can mean   ;D
tom
  Thanks Tom. I went ahead and tried it and found the cheese to be too good for pizza.  :o
I know, nothing should be too good for my pizza but while even using it as a blend with mozz I couldn't help but feel the flavor of this cheese would be more suited for a "tasting tray". Very strong and very good but ust not right for pizza.

Offline Pizzaking2

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 09:03:14 PM »
Ya, i don't like the cooked provolone flavor, just too acid - like baby puke! On the other hand, i love it on a nice roast beef sandwich.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:30 PM »
Ya, i don't like the cooked provolone flavor, just too acid - like baby puke! On the other hand, i love it on a nice roast beef sandwich.

I have used many different (under $5lb.)common grocery store provo mixed with bland ole mozz and the provo added good flavor for pizzamaking. Never tasted "acidic"....maybe you got some bad cheese.

This particular provo discussed here,Auricchio brand cost over $11lb.. It was very creamy and had a deep "fancy cheese" flavor....not acidic at all.   Makes you long for a cracker and piece of good dried sausage an a pickle to go with it.  8)

pizzapan