Author Topic: Who uses Mozzarella di Bufala?  (Read 8114 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Who uses Mozzarella di Bufala?
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »
PV Orlando food imports the Lupara Buff mozz. thats what Amano uses their smoke Buff mozz is amazing as well!
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
This Tre Stelle bufala melted great and has a great texture and flavor.  Expensive though at $8/4oz ball. 

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2013, 12:32:55 AM »
I've tried the tre stele Chau. I like garafalo better though. Tre stelle is always really soft and almost soupy. The expire date is by day of the year -today is 230.
Bill

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »
I've tried the tre stele Chau. I like garafalo better though. Tre stelle is always really soft and almost soupy. The expire date is by day of the year -today is 230.
Bill

Bill I am envious that I don't have access to Garafalo.  I bet it's priced better than Tre Stelle.  It was very soft and I drained it well before using it.  I really like the soft texture and how it melted.   

Offline wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
I never know what brand or even if our WF will have any buff. mozz.  sometimes it's garafalo and I always like that one.  they had Tre Stelle too recently so I did a side by side comparison.  I probably didn't drain it enough as the Garafolo doesn't really need that.  I also thought the tre stelle tasted a little like cottage cheese.  they were both about 2 weeks away from expire date. 
bill

Offline bbqchuck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »
Bill I am envious that I don't have access to Garafalo.  I bet it's priced better than Tre Stelle.  It was very soft and I drained it well before using it.  I really like the soft texture and how it melted.

JT,
I know you have Costco in ABQ.  What fresh water mozz do they have at your store?  I've found another mozz at Costco, Angelo & Franco (not buf) I have been using in place of Garafalo that I like very much.  But it could be a local Socal only stocked product, since it's made locally.

pizzapan