Author Topic: Blackstone pizza oven fueled by natural gas?  (Read 294 times)

Offline Mr Feelgood

• I Love Pizza!
Blackstone pizza oven fueled by natural gas?
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:49:01 PM »
The more I read about this oven, the more intrigued I become by it.  However, I am disappointed to see it is not dual fuel  ready out of the box.  I already have a natural gas line run out to my grill on the porch and it would be easy to put a split in it.

Is anyone currently fueling their Blackstone oven with natural gas?  Does Blackstone make a conversion kit?  If not, is it safe to convert it yourself and what would you need to buy to do so?

Offline 68sting

Re: Blackstone pizza oven fueled by natural gas?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:29:45 PM »
I converted my grill.  It was easy.  I just drilled out the orifice using a conversion chart I found online.

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
I doubt it can be converted. The Blackstone has a high pressure burner. Natural gas in your house is low pressure. From what I've seen of the design, it  needs a HP burner.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline oliveview

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »
Obviously, natural gas is more convenient (especially, if you already have a line for it). But, propane does offer significantly higher BTU values, does it not?

Online TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »
Obviously, natural gas is more convenient (especially, if you already have a line for it). But, propane does offer significantly higher BTU values, does it not?

Yes, which is why you use a larger orifice with natural gas. That doesn't fix the pressure problem though.
Pizza is not bread.

pizzapan