Author Topic: Pizza Anarchy  (Read 86701 times)

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
Today is a big sports day for me and I plan on cooking pizza early, so I have to get some stuff done this morning.

The sauce is on, clockwise from the top:
black pepper
oregano
paprika
red pepper
clove
basil
salt
sugar in the center

I also pre-cooked the hot Italian sausage, 2 pans like this (4 sausages, total).

All the vegetables are chopped, all I have to do is grate the cheese, but I will do that just prior.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:32 PM »
Well, the race didn't go my way, S! to JJ anyway on number 5.

I pumped out 8 pizzas in an hour and a half, taking my time.  I had to make them inside since the wind was blowing and oak leaves are not a desirable topping.

3 pepperonis, 2 for the daughter and one for a guy at work, they wanted puffy crust, he likes thin all the way.

I used the same dough for both, here are all 8 skins in the jar:

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:45 PM »
I like pepperoni, but with the endless possibilities out there I don't eat my own.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2010, 08:18:35 PM »
I also did some white pizzas.  Roasted garlic Alfredo sauce with asparagus tips, green onions, mushrooms, garlic, capers, and onion.  I did 2 like this, they are not something I would ever order out but were pretty dang good.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2010, 08:25:12 PM »
I also did another attempt at an enchilada pizza, this time it worked.  This is the pizza I ate.  Green enchilada sauce with black beans, corn, white and green onions, bell pepper, and green chilies.  Ummmm-ummm good.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2010, 08:26:44 PM »
I made a couple of Italian sausage with various ingredients for the neighbors.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2010, 06:39:17 AM »
Very nice looking pies. What temperature are you cooking at in your WFO, and is there an active flame?

John

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2010, 08:27:41 AM »
I do have a fire going, mainly for light.  The oven temp when I pull out the coals is usually over 1000 on the dome, 850 on the floor, but I generally let it drop to around 800 on the dome 700 on the floor before I start cooking.  By the time I was done last night it was in the sweet spot, about 600 on the dome, 550 on the floor.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »
I was home alone last night so I made a kitchen oven pizza.  I made 2 doughballs on Thursday, straight KABF.  I watched a Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and they rolled a dough out on cornmeal and made a very nice thin crust type pizza.  That is what I did with this one, then me and the pizza dogs ate the entire thing.  Sorry for the crappy picture, the better half took my camera to the soccer tournament.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2010, 09:58:34 AM »
Here is the second dough ball.  I pressed this one out and left an edge, it puffed up nicely.  Hamburger, shallots, garlic, and green olives with lots of fresh mozz.  I saved a couple slices for breakfast this morning.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »
What brand of 'hot italian sausage' would you recommend from HEB ? I never buy it because i don't know which one to get.  Also the fresh mozz on the last pizza, is it the one (mozz) that comes in balls soaking in water?  Thanks.  Glad you and the dog had a good time.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2010, 02:37:22 PM »
Here is the second dough ball.  I pressed this one out and left an edge, it puffed up nicely.  Hamburger, shallots, garlic, and green olives with lots of fresh mozz.  I saved a couple slices for breakfast this morning.

Tscarborough,

Your pizza really looks tasty!   :)

Norma

Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2010, 02:39:30 PM »
I buy the fresh Italian sausage that HEB makes in-store, then remove it from the skins.  The Mozz, is not the balls in water, it is in logs (although it is in water).  If you go to Central Market, you can get 5 or 8 different kinds of fresh Italian sausages, the buffalo one is great.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2010, 11:10:58 AM »
So I get a call about 10:00AM yesterday, a good friend I haven't seen in a long time is in town for training.  He is staying at another good friend's house and they want pizza.  I was able to sneak off work, and after I shopped and made it home, it was 2 o'clock.  I made a 4 pie dough, 80/20 KABF/semolina, and made it pretty wet with 2x my normal amount of yeast to get it working.  I let it double (almost an hour and half), then balled it and cupped it and left it on the kitchen at around 70 degrees until I used it at 7:00PM, by which time it had doubled again.

I made a minimally cooked sauce, some Central Market DOP organic whole tomatoes and a small can of Centos cherry tomatoes, sugar, salt, a lot of fresh basil, some oregano and clove.  Hit it with the stick blender and let it simmer.  Very good flavor in both those tomatoes. I only had to use about 2/3 the normal amount of sugar (2 teaspoons instead of the normal 3-4).

For cheese I grated a block of mozzarella and a block of mild white cheddar.  I fine grated some Gran Padano in as non stick agent as I blended them. The Italian sausage was par-cooked in EVOO and  crushed fennel seed.  I found some diced prosciutto on sale, and some grape tomatoes, and along with mushrooms in a jar and sliced onion, I was set.

I managed to get all that done and rake a huge pile of leaves off the outdoor kitchen area, and have the oven hot by about 5:30, when they were supposed to be there.  Of course they didn't make it until almost 7:00 so the oven was HOT by then, and had lots of heat stored.

At any rate, I cooked some pies, the friend cooked a pie, and we got to spend the evening with good food, adult beverages, and good company.

1. "Pit pie", some of everything.
2. Friends don't let friends drive the WFO when it is as hot as it was.
3. A pepperoni for the kiddos.
4. Vegetarian pie, orange cherry and grape tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, green olives and pimentos, capers, and the dark spots are sundried tomatoes.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2010, 11:37:36 AM »
Looks like you did pretty dam good for an emergency situation.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2010, 09:10:50 PM »
This is my first ever dessert pizza.  It is a swirl of spicy cranberry sauce*, ricotta cheese, and chopped pecans.

The dough is a 70% hydration  80/20 AP/semolina dough room temp risen for 5 hours and cooked in a 550 kitchen oven on a pan.  I mixed some of the cranberry sauce 50/50 with ricotta cheese to make the lighter colored swirl, the areas under the pecans are straight cranberry.  I pie crusted the edge after pressing it out thin.  This was a 280g doughball normally used for a 12" pie pressed out to a 14" pie.  I do not eat much sweet stuff, but this was GOOD.

*Spicy cranberry sauce:

12oz fresh cranberries
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
2 clove flowers crushed
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp crushed dried arbol peppers

All cooked down for an hour or 3 and hit with the stick blender.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:22:46 PM by Tscarborough »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »
Tscarborough

You first dessert pizza looks good!  :)  I really like dessert pizzas too.  Your choice of toppings sound delicious. 

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »
Also from last night, an Italian sausage, onions, and peppers for the wife.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2010, 12:48:44 PM »
And for me this morning, a "Home Alone" pizza, done just the way I like it.  Thin, thin crust, onion slivers (lot's of them) in the sauce, then mozzarella/white cheddar, with a light sprinkle of sharp yellow cheese and some grated Gran Padano. Topped of with some minced garlic, capers, and a little EVOO/basil blend.

Offline carbon

« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2010, 01:09:20 PM »
That's an awesome dessert pie Tom.