Author Topic: Disney Pizzeria Announced  (Read 1041 times)

Offline orlandopizza

Disney Pizzeria Announced
« on: July 17, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
Has anyone else heard about the new pizzeria opening in Disney's Epcot?  I heard it is from Patina Restaurant Group who run Naples 45 in New York, with Chef Charlie Restivo from Naples 45 becoming the executive chef. I read they were going to use the same style of woodburning ovens as the New York location. Has anyone had his pies in the past?  I just moved to Orlando and have yet to find a good pizza joint down here.  I don't mind getting into epcot with my resident pass if the pizza is as good as every says Naples 45 is.

Thanks

Offline StrayBullet

Re: Disney Pizzeria Announced
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »
There's a decent place I used to go to off Pershing and Semoran (436) called Brooklyn Pizza.  They've been around for over 20 years, customer service has gone down but it is a decent NY pie.

Offline orlando pizza man 1

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 05:53:23 PM »
Welcome to the site! The new restaurant will open in October just in time for the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. The festival is something to see if you have never been. My family, extended family and I have enjoyed this since it first started in 1995. This year is the 15th anniversary and looks to be even better as there are more new venues in and around the property. As far as good pizza here in Florida, you have come to the right place as Floridians pretty much make there own at home. If you are on the west side of the area a new Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza opened near Sand Lake Road at Phillips Crossing. I have never been there but my best Florida buddy has been and says it is very good, good coal fired wings as well. I'm from the Chicago area originally and we have pizza cook-offs often. We have turned out some awesome pizzas for our families and friends. Hope you enjoy the site here. Lots of good recipes and tips.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 12:09:39 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-feoFKKyW8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-feoFKKyW8</a>

Is it me or are those crusts really flat. The old guy at the end(Nick Valenti) is giving the sales pitch that everyone always gives about Neapolitan pizza. I don't believe the whole water thing that he was talking about. How much money would you have to spend to even find where those water sources were in the first place. It looks like a giant pizza Cheesecake Factory.

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 12:23:36 PM »
wow do they just not get it.  XXX flour?  water that mimics naples?  watered down sauce?  woodstone ovens?  did you see one of the guys take a bite,  looked pretty leathery to me.   such a shame,  but they will make millions no doubt.  -marc

Offline Matthew

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »
XXX flour? 

I think he confused it with the movie.  It is Disney of course.

Matt

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:35:28 PM »
The Patina Restaurant Group is a collection of restaurants, including Naples 45 (http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurants.php). So what you can expect to see at Disney is a corporate version of the Neapolitan style pizza where profits come before just about everything else, for both Disney and Patina. Iyt looks like there is a lot of the Naples 45 experience in the new Disney setting.

Peter

Offline PizzaHog

• Heat matters!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »
Well, at these prices I would think they have the profit thing covered...
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/via-napoli-menu/

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 12:09:01 PM »
They have to pay for those stupid faces infront of the ovens some how.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 03:48:16 PM »
In a captive venue, pricing can be quite rapacious, especially when two parties have to share the profits. As a good exaple of profiteering, a 20-inch pizza at the new Dallas Cowboys stadium costs $60.

Peter