Author Topic: Yay I get to make 28 pizzas this weekend  (Read 1285 times)

Offline nysauce

Yay I get to make 28 pizzas this weekend
« on: March 31, 2005, 12:08:31 AM »
Now that everyone I know knows I can make a decent NY style pie.
I've become a target for free pizza services from all my friends and family. (Not that  I mind! I love making pizza and my wife and my 2 kids can only eat so much)  I was previously asked by the Youth pastor of my church to help in a fund raiser to make and sell pizzas for the congregation. People put their orders in last week. I thought I'd only have to make about 7 but now he told me it's 28. Yikes 28 18" pies! The most I've ever made is 9 in one day. I'll hopefully put pictures of the disaster.....I mean event ;)   Anyway it'll be great practice.

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
Re: Yay I get to make 28 pizzas this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:13:31 AM »
good luck man.. you'll do great.. just make sure to eat first so you dont go nuts from having to bust all the pies out without having time to stop and eat some!!

post pics for sure!  8)

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 06:57:46 AM »
Sounds like a great way to advertise as well....maybe you won't be moving down South afterall!!......lets see those pics...good luck!!

Offline bakerboy

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:15:22 PM »
nysauce.  Where are you going to bake the pies?  You mentioned it was for a church and sometimes churchs have large kitchens.  A church can make food and sell it for profit( spaghetti dinners, pancake breakfasts,etc.)  Don't try doing that at home without a license...but for some reason the health dept. doesn't hassle a church. 
I'm interested in the logistics of the coming "event".  The company that my wife works for decided to have an outing one day and needed 40 pizzas.  i decided each pizza would be 1.5lbs. of dough so i needed 60lbs. of dough total.  i had all 40 pizzas pre-stretched and resting, covered of course.  Made about 3 gal. of sauce and preheated my oven.  that way when i got the call, i just slid the prestretched dough onto my peel dressed it and burned it.  it kept me busy for about an hour and a half but i was nevertheless surprised at how fast and how well it went.
hope all goes well and don't forget the pics!

Offline nysauce

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 09:53:48 PM »
bakerboy,
   THe church does have an old commercial Vulcan Oven. Yeah the church has done it in the past but with spaghetti dinners, but to tell you the truth, Youth Group Kids don't make very good spaghetti.  I was kind of bummed out though because I found out today that the dough donated by the pizzeria was pre-strectched as you mentioned. I was hoping to do the stretching, I mean that's the most fun part about making the pizza! But wow 40 pizzas, now that's a lot. I may just make about 8 back up doughs just incase there are mistakes...like one of the pre-streched doughs falls on the floor...and oh well I guess I'll just have to stretch out one of the backups  ;)

pizzapan