Author Topic: Help! Ledo's Pizza  (Read 8412 times)

Offline comet9443

• I Love Pizza!
Help! Ledo's Pizza
« on: August 03, 2005, 02:06:54 PM »
Hi all!

I found this board by typing in Ledo's Pizza Recipe on Yahoo!, but I couldn't find anything.  I'm searching desperately to find a recipe for their pizza.  My boyfriend grew up in Maryland, and LOVES their pizza.  When we've been able to visit and eat there, I have to admit it's the best I've eaten.  Unfirtauntely, we live far enough away that it's very seldomly we're able to go.  I'd love to be able to try fixing this at home.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  You can either post here or email me.  My address is: comet9443@yahoo.com

TIA!

Smiles,
Beth :)

Offline kal

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Help! Ledo's Pizza
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 03:17:06 PM »
You can purchase jars of the Ledo's pizza sauce from the restaurants themselves and maybe online.  Just make a thin crust pizza where the crust isn't quite crunchy, toss on the sauce, add cheese and stuff and you should be ok.  We have a ledo pizza down the street, so I get to eat there pretty frequently.  I believe the sauce is about the only unique ingredient.  I think they stole their meatballs from chefboyardee, but everything else there is good. :)  My understanding it's better to get a block of mozzerella and shred that rather than buy packaged shredded cheese as well since the packaged shredded cheese is coated with stuff to keep it from sticking to itself.  Anyway, buy a bunch of jars of sauce the next time you get in, or have a friend ship you a box.  Good luck!

Offline mg2x

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 05:19:45 PM »
I belive that they use either all or a high proportion of provolone cheese instead of all mozzerella -- at least according to the box.

Offline vbkeller

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »
But -----it isn't the sauce---which is sweet, or the cheese---it is the CRUST that makes Ledo pizza sooooo good.  Does anyone have a crust that tastes like that?  If you haven't tried---you really must!  I miss it so!!!!!!!

Offline freshflour

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 08:50:39 AM »
Wow, all these Ledo's fans!  I have to say I've never been very fond of their pizza.  That sauce is just too sweet for me.  I remember it not having very much spice in it.  You can probably come pretty close with crushed tomatoes, a little oregano, a little garlic, and load up on the sugar.  I'm very rarely in there, but next time I'll make sure to cast an eye into the kitchen to see what I can learn.

Offline suesue

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 05:34:33 PM »
vbkeller is right!  Ledo's CRUST is the most remarkable thing about their pizza.  Ledo's is my absolute favorite pizza, but I now live 4 hours away from the nearest Ledo's.  All I can do is hope to find a good knock-off recipe.   I can make sauce like their's (but less sweet).  I have figured out that their cheese is a smoked provolone.  If only someone can figure out and share the crust recipe. 

pizzapan