Author Topic: PennMac to FL SUCKS!!!!  (Read 2399 times)

Offline StrayBullet

PennMac to FL SUCKS!!!!
« on: July 22, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
My 5lb diced Grande East Coast Blend is now a 5lb melted mass of bs..... >:(

Online jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
Re: PennMac to FL SUCKS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:25:25 PM »
Have you contacted them? They have been very responsive the 2 times I had issues.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:45:55 PM »
Calm down, call them and tell them what happened they will probably send you a new one. Its not their fault something happened its the shipping service. Trust me I worked a summer at FedEx if I told you the things we did no one on here would ever use them again.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
more than likely that is how the cheese was when it left.  pennmac is horrible for quality control on cheese and dough.
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:23:41 PM »
I ordered cheese from there way back and it came in fine.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:33:27 PM »
I ordered cheese from there way back and it came in fine.

i worked at two shops that used pennmac.   their cheese is transported in an unrefrigerated truck to and from their shop in the strip district.   good cheese, buy gordon food service prima gusto 50/50 blend is way better, and is about 1.75/lb vs 1.97/lb for pennmac
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 08:40:35 AM »
I hate to pile on, but when I ordered several 6 in 1 cans from them, most of them were delivered severly dented (to the point where I was concerned about using them and chose not to). When I called Penn Mac to let them know, the woman's curt response was "we don't sell dented products". The implication seemed to be that she believed I  was misrepresenting the facts  in order to gain a few dollars. Pretty lousy customer service, I thought, and have not ordered again.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:51 AM »
jimd, I guess I'll jump in as well.   As long as the top/bottom of the can isn't dented and you can open it using a can opener, who really cares if the can looks pretty or not.  A dent in the side of a can doesn't affect the way the product taste.   

Were you using these cans as part of a display in a restuarant?  If so, then yes I can see your point.  I think her response was to just say that they ship them out undented and that possibly they got dented in the shipping process.  This is entirely possible.  I don't think she was calling you a liar. 

I've ordered from them before and I will continue to do so when I run out of sauce.  I live in NM and ordered cheese from them.  They could have shipped on a Saturday but chose to wait till after the holiday weekend to ship so that the cheese woudn't get ruined.  I got the cheese still cool (cold) without a problem a few days later.  I wasn't crazy about the cheese but that's not PenMac's fault. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:58:33 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:32 AM »
All good points, Jackie. I suppose Penn Mac could have explained it just as you did, or asked some additional questions rather than the one line response I received. But your perspective is a good one.

Jim

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 09:45:28 AM »
Jim, I understand your point exactly.  Lots of ppl need to take a class on customer service these days.  Just the way they respond to you is enough to turn you off.  Doesn't even matter what they are saying but how they say it.  Often times it's more that person either acting like a jackass all the time to everyone or just having a bad day.  Maybe that lady had some personal problem that day who knows. 

cheers,
JT

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »
Calm down, call them and tell them what happened they will probably send you a new one. Its not their fault something happened its the shipping service. Trust me I worked a summer at FedEx if I told you the things we did no one on here would ever use them again.

After being transferred 3 times, "That girl is not in today, she'll be in Monday....you could tell me, but I won't be able to do anything about it."

I guess I get to wait 'till Monday, JOY!

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 12:26:07 PM »
Actually, a lot of customers need to take a course in how to be a customer.
If you approached them with the type of attitude that you exhibit in your post, you deserve whatever attitude you received in response.

I've ordered from these folks for several years, usually once a month, and I have always found them to be honest, friendly and  appreciative.
The quality of their products is the best..fresher cheese than I ever got from the local cheese shops...and about half the price.
In warm weather cheese or perishables comes packed with cold packs...
My guess is you treated whoever you talked to with the same .."sucks"..."BS" accusatory attittude you show in your post.

I have a long term (25 year) successful internet/mail order business.
We also have the occasional problem.
Come to me like a person, and treat my employees like human beings and you are treated in kind.
Come to me with a superior attitude, and talk to us like we are your servants...and as quick as you can say....Here is your refund...please take your business elsewhere..you are gone.
People post things on the internet, and say things on the telephone that they would never ,ever do in a face to face situation.
What is funny is , it is always, and I mean always the customer with the small, small orders, looking for the cheapest price that carry that attitude.

We have a saying..the price you paid does not include the right to abuse us.
Your post is abusive.. I can just imagine what your interaction was like.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:30:29 PM by pizzaboyfan »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 12:33:34 PM »
My advice is to talk to Rose. She is a member of the forum and has worked with many of our members, including those who have had problems with the condition of items purchased from PennMac.

Peter

Offline sear

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »
If you approached them with the type of attitude that you exhibit in your post, you deserve whatever attitude you received in response.

I've ordered from these folks for several years, usually once a month, and I have always found them to be honest, friendly and  appreciative.
The quality of their products is the best..fresher cheese than I ever got from the local cheese shops...and about half the price.
My guess is you treated whoever you talked to with the same .."sucks"..."BS" accusatory attittude you show in your post.

Come to me like a person, and treat my employees like human beings and you are treated in kind.
Come to me with a superior attitude, and talk to us like we are your servants...and as quick as you can say....Here is your refund...please take your business elsewhere..you are gone.
People post things on the internet, and say things on the telephone that they would never ,ever do in a face to face situation.
What is funny is , it is always, and I mean always the customer with the small, small orders, looking for the cheapest price that carry that attitude.

i know where you are coming from, as i also sell parts over the internet... also in person at our store.

but you cant assume a persons internet post is how they talk on the phone.
you could be polite as a nun, call ups .. tell them they damaged a package you sent to a customer.
Then let the BS begin ! :-D    if you've dealt with them before you should know what im talking about.

when dealing with retailers, like others have mentioned... there are some who just give the one liners and dont help.. example : place an order , week later nothing arrives so you make a phone call and get ... "oh thats out of stock" ::)

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
Last month or so I ordered 2 55# bags of Caputo 00 from Pennmac.  They packed it in nice boxes but also took the time to stick the flour bags in heavy black trash bags.  They arrived almost overnight and in great condition.  I had to write them an email for shipping so quickly and packing so securely.  And it was Rose who replied with a big "Thanks!"
To me, Pennmac is aces.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
Last month or so I ordered 2 55# bags of Caputo 00 from Pennmac.  They packed it in nice boxes but also took the time to stick the flour bags in heavy black trash bags.  They arrived almost overnight and in great condition.  I had to write them an email for shipping so quickly and packing so securely.  And it was Rose who replied with a big "Thanks!"
To me, Pennmac is aces.

+1

I order 4-6 bottles of Frantoia and a 55lb bag of caputo from them every 6 weeks. Super fast delivery and packaged very well.

John

cornicione54

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »

The thread topic is "PennMac to FL SUCKS!!!" not "PennMac sucks". The content of the post was "My 5lb diced Grande East Coast Blend is now a 5lb melted mass of bs..... " not "PennMac is bs".

In other words, the original poster was expressing frustration at a specific delivery that ended up a disaster. It's fair comment. Accusations of abuse are a bit out of order, no?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 01:59:05 PM by cornicione54 »

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 12:12:25 PM »
My advice is to talk to Rose. She is a member of the forum and has worked with many of our members, including those who have had problems with the condition of items purchased from PennMac.

Peter

Done and done, just have to use up my credit...thanks for the help!