Author Topic: Just arrived  (Read 453 times)

Offline Jimbro

• I Love Pizza!
Just arrived
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:09:29 AM »
Good morning, just recieved my new dough hook. Mostly do my breads and pizza dough by hand, but recently saw this and figured it would mimick the hobart hook in the pizzarias.

Offline NYYC

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Just arrived
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:30:14 AM »
Very nice. I, personally, think the standard Kitchenaid dough hook is almost useless so I'm curious how much better this will be. Let us know!

Offline dwightr8

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:59:32 AM »
Been looking for one of these for our KA.  Where did you get it?

Online Jackie Tran

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 12:01:30 PM »
Been looking for one of these for our KA.  Where did you get it?

Amazon sells them.  Make sure your bowl is 5 Qrt and your mixer lifts the bowl up rather than the head of the mixer tilting up and down.

Offline Jimbro

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »
Big difference, certainly working the dough with a folding kneeding motion. Did an old recipe from pizzaguy from the A16 thread for 2 13in pies, there in fridge for 48 hrs. If u need info on the hook ill help with a insert they sent me with models and types. Was uncertain on fitament, since mine is about 10 yrs old and it has the narrow 5 qt bowl. They do have other hooks for the newer but this one is associated with a bowl lift model. Look under your mixer and give me the model. Got this one from amazon, on the kitchen aid site there search did not confirm my model but the catalog insert does.