Author Topic: August 2010 Monthly Challenge: Barbecue (BBQ or just Q)  (Read 7800 times)

Offline hotsawce

Re: August 2010 Monthly Challenge: Barbecue (BBQ or just Q)
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »
Craig, that looks delicious...like a new take on grilled pizza. Slightly thicker....loving those grill marks! I kind of want to try that now.....  :pizza:

How did it taste?

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »
Thanks for the nice words on the grilled pie.

It was good. Quite a different bite than my normal pie, but good in its own right. I prefer it to any pizza I've made in my home oven. That being said, it's probably not something I will do often.

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »
What was the oven temp? 550? Just threw it on a rack I'm guessing?

Online TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
What was the oven temp? 550? Just threw it on a rack I'm guessing?

Yes, 550 and convection on. I put the pie on a cookie tray to make getting it in and out easy, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't put it straight on the rack.

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »
I made some ribs in the smoker a few days ago, and used the leftovers for a BBQ pizza tonight. The funny thing is, I had intended to make just one pizza with the small pile of pulled rib meat I had left. But when my guests saw the pile, they all wanted it on their pizza. So I only had a small amount left for the pizza I ate myself, and photographed.

The rub was 1 part sugar to 1 part salt (divided into 4 types - garlic, onion, celery, and seasoned). Plus other small amounts of spices, including cayenne.

The sauce was 1 part ketchup to 1/4 white wine vinegar and 1/3 molasses. Plus lot of other spices, including a generous amount of cayenne.

Pizza had mozz, rib meat, roasted scallions, a swirl of sauce, and hot peppers held in vinegar.

It was a fabulous pizza, and my guests were extremely happy.

John

Offline hotsawce

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »
That looks like the proper way to do a pizza with barbecue on it! No heavy under layer of barbecue sauce. Just what you need....I like it  :)

pizzapan