Author Topic: anyone try allegro sauce?  (Read 944 times)

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
anyone try allegro sauce?
« on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:39 AM »
its the question.  escalon product. i find it the best processed (not chunky) sauce there is.   many people have commented how wonderful it is, not spicy or oily, lightly seasoned without being overpowering, very smooth and easy too.   myself i prefer a chunky diced tomato sauce, but has anyone tried this?
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline dmcavanagh

Re: anyone try allegro sauce?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
 How about trying 6 in 1 crushed tomatoes by escalon for the base of homemade sauce.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:26:30 AM »
How about trying 6 in 1 crushed tomatoes by escalon for the base of homemade sauce.

for a papa johns/ny style of sauce, im referring to.  not crushed tomato.  i prefer straight or lightly seasoned crushed, for crushed.

Offline albert6500

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:29:41 AM »
I have tried 6 in 1's a number of times. They have a very very distinct tomato flavor when you open the can or thaw the frozen quantities.  The problem is after baking the pizza, this tomato taste is practically gone.  Not sure how to rectify, even adding olive oil doesn't help.

Offline albert6500

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:16:04 PM »
Have not tried this particular sauce but there are two varieties of the Allegro sauce by Escalon. According to their cross reference chart the Allegro Classic = Stanislaus Full Red Fully Prepared and Allegro Chunky Sicilian = Stanislaus Pizzaiolo, Pizzaletto and San Nicola Chunky. Hope this helps a little.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »
Have not tried this particular sauce but there are two varieties of the Allegro sauce by Escalon. According to their cross reference chart the Allegro Classic = Stanislaus Full Red Fully Prepared and Allegro Chunky Sicilian = Stanislaus Pizzaiolo, Pizzaletto and San Nicola Chunky. Hope this helps a little.

http://www.escalon.net/allegro.aspx

this is the same sauce i'm talking about. 

pizzapan