Author Topic: American Deep pan?  (Read 558 times)

Offline Camilla_DK

American Deep pan?
« on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
Hi :)

I have been trying to make this pizza they make in a local pizzaria here in Denmark. The pizzaria is called American Deep, but i have come to understand that there are more varieties of them, couldn't figure out which one this is. Overall i think this is about 1-1 inch tall, so no taller edges or anything.

My problem is the dough, or the "buttom" (don't know what it is called, sorry, stupid dane).

The pizza's they make are veeery crispy, almost like its fried in the pan, not just the crust is crispy. They make them in af pan, they have prepared with the dough beforehand, ready to stuff.

I have tried to make them in af springform since i dont have anything else, and i have oiled the form but its just getting really dry and borring.

Can anybody please help me out here, would be very much apriciated.

And sorry if i haven't expressed myself good enough, as i said im just a dane trying to make a pizza :)

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
Re: American Deep pan?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 02:58:43 PM »
what temp are you cooking the pizzas at?  where at in your oven?  what recipe are you using?
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline IndyRob

Re: American Deep pan?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
From what you describe, and how they are named, it sounds like they may be replicating Pizza Hut Pan Pizzas.  You can search on these forums for those words and will find at least a few discussions (most likely with pictures). 

From what I remember, many claim that the texture comes from a lot of oil in the pan.

pizzapan