Author Topic: Low Cost Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Kem-er

Low Cost Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
We have been making pre-cast wood fired pizza oven locally and they have been going over quite well.  We've placed them on E-bay, but for some reason we are having trouble posting the link, but if you search for wood fired pizza ovens, or Item#280545210151, you will find them.  We are selling them for $995.00.  We would like to hear your opinions on them. 

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Low Cost Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:22:09 AM »
Can you provide us with a bit more of information? 

Also your ad says the oven can achieve over 700F and heats up in 1 hour or so.  I find this a bit hard to believe but I don't know much about WFOs.   Can you tell us the max temp the ovens can reach and is it the same for all 3?

You also say that you can cook a pizza in 60 secs?  Again, don't know much about WFO's here but if you really can cook a pizza that fast, I would imagine you are working with temps of above 950F?. ???

Good luck.

Chau

Offline Kem-er

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »
I can tell you this.I have this oven at my house for the past year testing it out.It usually takes about a 5 gal.pail of wood and about 45 min. to heat up.During that time my wife makes the crust and it takes about 45 min.I have cooked pizzas in 60 sec. but I am finding out if I keep the pizza out towards the front it takes a litte longer but I don't burn the crust as much.I have a laser temp gage and it goes to 1600 degrees and at the fire it is about 1200 but where i cook at it's about 850 degrees.The ovens are all the same except differnt colors.The last oven you see is the one I just completed at my house and is ment to show that you can take the inside refractory cooking chamber and build a custom surround to up grade.Our goal was to build a low cost oven for the guy who just wants to cook some pizzas in his back yard with out all the hard work.This oven is complete with out the stand which we sell seperate or you can make your own.One guy we sold one to made a stand out of landscape blocks and it came out nice.Hope I answerd all your questions.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 12:07:39 PM »
Thank you very much for the response.   Good to know you can get the heat up quick. 

Also thank you for clarifying that it's the base unit for sale and that one can build a fancy shell around it.  This is obvious to WFO owners but not so newbs like me.  :D

A few more questions.  That price includes shipping or is that extra?  Also what is the price of the stand?

JT

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 12:54:38 PM »
I'll add a question that JT forgot. How is the heat retention? This is probably one of the biggest factors about a WFO. It would be uneconomical to constantly be adding wood.

Offline Kem-er

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:43 PM »
This does not include shipping.The metal stand is $300.This unit is insulated and holds heat reasonably good but the more pizzas you cook the more wood you have to put in it.We cooked 23 pizzas in a Row adding wood as needed to keep hot.My upgraded unit has a lot more insulation .Keep in mind this is for the guy who wants to cook a couple of pizza for his friends and not a high end or commercial unit.It is a great little oven but we want to keep it affordable.